David Ward, an old new SR tailor

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

andreyb

Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:06 am

David Ward (featured in BBC SR documentary, formerly of Poole, then of Nortons, then of Huntsman) started his own business: http://www.davidwardbespoke.com/

Andrey
Melcombe

Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:01 am

The best of luck to him in his new venture; he certainly has an impressive curriculum vitae.

I also think (hope!) it's a sign of a more confident future on The Row.

I detect a growing enthusiasm here in the UK for MTM and bespoke : chaps I'd never thought of as being clothes-conscious nowadays seem fascinated by A Suit That Fits or online far eastern tailors. A good thing in my mind - also a strong possibility it will develop into more ambitious sartorial projects perhaps?

Having a work address in the West End of London, Im being cold called by 'visiting' tailors now a couple of times a year - even 5 years ago if you wanted that sort of thing it was you doing the chasing. Times are changing.
smudger

Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:41 am

Congratulations to David, he is charming and well skilled in his craft. I fear that the remaining cutters, Mr Murphy and Mr Carnera will follow shortly, with Huntsman offering nothing more than Italian RTW...... :(
smudger

Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:23 pm

News on the wire this week in W1, Patrick Murphy is leaving Huntsman. Can anyone confirm this? I was on the Row last week having a fitting and a rather large bumbling cloth sales man came in and eagerly announced this information to several individuals present.
stephenm

Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:36 pm

David made me a suit at the end of 2014 and it's an outstanding piece of work.

He is currently finishing a coat and a pair trousers for me, and they too look spectacular.

Highly recommended.
Concordia

Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:35 pm

Now we'll have to run a Huntsman ex-pat thread to complement the one for A&S.
smudger

Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:13 pm

stephenm wrote:David made me a suit at the end of 2014 and it's an outstanding piece of work.

He is currently finishing a coat and a pair trousers for me, and they too look spectacular.

Highly recommended.

Stephen, I too have just picked up a couple of suits from David, both are exceptional. Great to see a younger classically trained cutter, who can back up his pedigree becoming successful in his own right.
  • Information