Hotels in Florence

Discuss travel, watches, gastronomy, wines, boats and all other aspects of the Elegant life
Berwick

Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:36 pm

Hello All,

I am wanting to visit the Florence area this year, and was wondering if anyone can recommend a hotel? I may also visit Lucca. I don't really want to spend more than £200 per night or so, and like older buildings with some character.

Thanks for any suggestions.
culverwood

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:11 am

If you are looking at somewhere between Florence and Lucca that is quieter try the Villa Gaia in Montecatini Alto http://villagaia.webnode.it/ . Not flash but a great spot.

In Lucca we found the Hotel Ilaria very comfortable and quite central http://www.hotelilaria.com/ .
Berwick

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:30 am

Thank you for the suggestions Culverwood.
Slewfoot

Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:00 am

Berwick wrote:Hello All,

I am wanting to visit the Florence area this year, and was wondering if anyone can recommend a hotel? I may also visit Lucca. I don't really want to spend more than £200 per night or so, and like older buildings with some character.

Thanks for any suggestions.
We LOVED Palazzo Gaudagni - https://www.palazzoguadagni.com/ - located on the other side of the Arno right on Palazzo Santo Spirito. Generally very quiet area. Lovely hotel with a beautiful scenic balcony for tea, breakfast or cocktails. The rooms are quite spacious and full of old school charm. It is right around the corner from Roberto Ugolini shoemaker as well. It is also a block away from one of our favorite restaurants in the city - La Casalinga. I can't imagine staying anywhere else next time we go back. I think you'll love it.

Enjoy!
Will

Tue May 14, 2013 9:26 pm

You can sometimes get a great rate from Villa La Vedetta, by far my favorite hotel in Florence.
DD MacDonald

Wed May 15, 2013 4:22 am

Will wrote:You can sometimes get a great rate from Villa La Vedetta, by far my favorite hotel in Florence.
Will, what's a great rate at the Villa ? The place looks great in their website but a couple of random day entries in their reservation window give an e1800 price.
_DR

Mon May 20, 2013 1:50 pm

J K Place. Not quite as beautiful as its counterpart in Capri but quite beautiful and a good central location.
bond_and_beyond

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:57 am

Reviving this old thread. Going to Florence end of October.

Any recommendations regarding hotels, restaurants and sartorial pleasures would be much appreciated. :D

Thanks,
BB
msefton9

Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:03 am

Think about staying at the Torre di Bellosguardo: http://en.torrebellosguardo.com/. There is nowhere else quite like it in Florence. It used to be a bit of an ordeal in high summer, because there was no air conditioning. But I gather they have now installed some. At the bottom of the Bellosguardo hill, there is a restaurant called the Vecchia Bettola, on Via Vasco Pratolini. It is terrific. The other restaurant you shouldn't miss is the Trattoria Sostanza. Stone flags; white tablecloths; no wine list; a terse menu; and some of the best food in town. For lunch, if you find yourself near the Mercato Centrale, go inside and have a look for a stall called Nerbone. It is a real Florentine institution, selling crusty bread rolls filled with roast meat.
charles

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:54 am

Try the Pitti Palace. Reassuringly reasonable in price..very comfortable but a bit chain-ish (which I like) but has all you need, nice staff and bang in the centre of town . Don't forget to eat at The Trattoria 4 Leoni..great value and atmosphere
  • Information