Swimwear

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
carl browne

Fri May 07, 2010 11:02 pm

Besides,

I wouldn't be interested unless I saw them.

Do you think we could get Alden to model them?

C
Costi

Sat May 08, 2010 4:38 am

Of all places and situations in which a man may find himself, I am inclined to say the beach is the most permissive. Besides, with all the fashions that come and go, I am sure a pair of high-waisted trunks would be seen (by those who know no better) as a new fashion. Any swimming trunks can look ridiculous if you are inclined to regard them as such. I have a friend who wears old-fashioned body swimming suits to the beach (to avoid exposing some surgery scars to the sun) and the look is always very much admired all over Europe (one does have to be in excellent shape to do this). As for being able to carry off the high-waisted swimming trunks, before asking Alden to model them here is a quicker test: if you can go to the beach WITHOUT trunks, you can go with ANY trunks.
J.S. Groot

Sun May 09, 2010 11:11 am

Carl:

I very much agree with your sentiments and if high waisted swimwear feels overly eccentric to you, by all means pass; there's no forcing. Unless we lack some people to get a commission going, in which case a bit of forcing might be carried out :P

In my opinion though... Well, really, it's what Costi said.
floatinjoe

Thu May 13, 2010 4:37 pm

I think I'd be interested depending on how they look.
Manself

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:26 pm

If you're confident, and in terrific shape you could try:
http://www.specialforces.com/tru-spec-khaki-udt-shorts
The belt accentuates their vintage appeal. However, I must admit that I bought a pair last summer and they got a definite thumbs down from my wife. Luckily they're pretty cheap!
hectorm

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:21 pm

carl browne wrote: A safari jacket with jodhpurs, riding boots and a pith helmet is a theatrical costume.
Safari jacket with johdpurs? Pith helmet with riding boots?
Costume in a very bad production indeed.
I suspect you might have meant other combinations like khaki shorts or ankle bush boots with long socks.
  • Information