Who makes the best quality lighters?

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
All over the world

Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:13 pm

Costi wrote::shock:
:roll:
Well she thinks the fake stuff is more fun. She doesn't care for real gold, real diamonds... She says it keeps her mind free of fears and worries of loosing something, "When what you have it worthless you never have to fear loss; this doesn't mean you can't enjoy it". We're a family of eccentrics, I do not share her views. :P
Costi

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:40 pm

All over the world wrote:We're a family of eccentrics
not at all, I fear...
All over the world

Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Costi wrote:
All over the world wrote:We're a family of eccentrics
not at all, I fear...
Explain? :lol:
Costi

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:06 am

Paradoxically, THINKING of oneself as an eccentric is pretty much the norm these days! Such an inflation of "personality" around...! "Originality for its own sake and at any cost" - seems to be the motto of the century.
Some think it all the time and say (or try to prove it) during the first five minutes of making their acquaintance. Others think it deep inside and take a lot of time and confidence to confess it.
Perhaps it is an easy excuse for not being CENTERED - that is very hard, indeed...
The true eccentric, however, is less reflexive: he doesn't say "I'm an eccentric", he says "The World has gone mad".
Apropos - one more thing: if you ever get to run the Eccentric Club (good luck!), never trust an applicant who recommends HIMSELF as an eccentric! :wink:
http://www.eccentricclub.co.uk/membership.php
NJS

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:26 am

Costi wrote:Paradoxically, THINKING of oneself as an eccentric is pretty much the norm these days! Such an inflation of "personality" around...! "Originality for its own sake and at any cost" - seems to be the motto of the century.
Some think it all the time and say (or try to prove it) during the first five minutes of making their acquaintance. Others think it deep inside and take a lot of time and confidence to confess it.
Perhaps it is an easy excuse for not being CENTERED - that is very hard, indeed...
The true eccentric, however, is less reflexive: he doesn't say "I'm an eccentric", he says "The World has gone mad".
Apropos - one more thing: if you ever get to run the Eccentric Club (good luck!), never trust an applicant who recommends HIMSELF as an eccentric! :wink:
http://www.eccentricclub.co.uk/membership.php
Breaking the mould; kicking over the traces are the hallmarks of the age: the fashionistos will be re-inventing the wheel next and, probably, trying prototypes that are square and made of brown rubber, instead of black... :D
NJS
All over the world

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:41 pm

Why, a wheel shaped like a hexagon might just work!
NJS

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:11 pm

All over the world wrote:Why, a wheel shaped like a hexagon might just work!
The fewer sides the better; to make a statement of breaking the established convention of a circle, is nearer the spirit of our age, surely. And I insist on square, brown, rubber wheels on my BMW, after six pm.
NJS
davidhuh

Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:25 pm

NJS wrote:And I insist on square, brown, rubber wheels on my BMW, after six pm.
NJS
:lol: :lol: :lol: - and you invite Liza Minelli for a little drive about town?
http://youtu.be/rkRIbUT6u7Q

cheers, David
NJS

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:22 am

davidhuh wrote:
NJS wrote:And I insist on square, brown, rubber wheels on my BMW, after six pm.
NJS
:lol: :lol: :lol: - and you invite Liza Minelli for a little drive about town?
http://youtu.be/rkRIbUT6u7Q

cheers, David
Exactly - and I'd insist in paying in square gold-plated coins too. :P

NJS
All over the world

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:26 pm

And I would insist on having my own private guard, wearing gold and blue uniforms and sitting on thirteen white horses and armed with sabers of course. :lol:
alden

Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:16 pm

http://www.thelondonlounge.net/forum/vi ... pont#p4120

My two favorite lighters are women's models by Dunhill and Dupont. They are smaller, easy to carry and function flawlessly

Michael
All over the world

Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:19 am

alden wrote:http://www.thelondonlounge.net/forum/vi ... pont#p4120

My two favorite lighters are women's models by Dunhill and Dupont. They are smaller, easy to carry and function flawlessly

Michael
Thanks Michael!
rewozz

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:24 pm

IM Corona (Japan) makes great lighters, very high quality and a lot cheaper (but not cheap) than S.T. Dupont or Dunhill. I smoke the pipe (tobacco) and use the Old Boy model:

Some details:
Without question, the most popular and best selling lighter series we offer for both cigar and pipe smokers has been made even better with improved carbon filtering systems, all solid Brass parts, 5X stronger finishes, internal rubber seals now silicon and recessed fill valve covers that won't get lost.

Turn of the Century styling with flint reliability and a very generous fuel capacity to extend the number of lights between refills. Each IM Corona Old Boy comes with a built-in tamper and has a 90 degree adjustable flame which makes the OLD BOY ideal for lighting both cigars and pipes. The built in tamper is also removable and serves as a tool for removing the screw on cover to the fuel chamber and for adjusting the flame.
Othelo

Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:13 pm

As a cigar and pipe smoker (for more than 25 years now!) I will recommend the Zippo lighter. I know that always people talk about the bad odor of benzine, but if you do not touch the flame itself with the cigar there are no problem. I waste hundreds of dollars in refillable gas and propane lighters with very very poor results (ever the fancy ones). The Zippo one proves to be very reliable and easy to refill. Despite I consider wooden matches a very good alternative for some reason I newer have one at hand when I needed it (I believe my cooker maid use them to light the propane stove). I recommend you not to buy the small/ladies Zippo because is not so reliable as the normal one (I believe because of the lack of space for benzine reserve) .
vmills

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:45 pm

I've had a few Zippo lighters over the years and every one seems to run out of fluid/evaporate very quickly. They look good but that's about all. Gas lighters every time.
  • Information