4x1 DB Odd Jacket Cloth Ideas

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
BGE

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:04 am

Having had a 4x1 dinner suit with shawl lapels made up last year, I'm quite taken with the 4x1 configuration. There's a quiet exuberance to it (the exuberance has probably more to do with double-breasteds being a rarer event among younger men) and that it can be done nicely and not be a point of distraction—when the details are done with subtlety.

Using the same tailor, I'd like to have an odd db jacket also made in 4x1. But apart from a variation of the reefer, I haven't got enough historical grounding to see where else to take it. What I do know, is that I would like it to be an odd jacket, that I intend it for three-season wear (skewing towards the warmer months), and would like to keep the detailing fairly low-key (flapped or jetted pockets instead of the usual patch I go for in my odd jackets).

Your ideas?

Cheers,

—B
rodes

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:22 am

BGE, I am considering a summer DB odd jacket in medium to light gray to be worn with cream colored cotton trousers. Check out the blog "A Suitable Wardrobe",June 22,2010,"Resurrecting the Past" and May 15,2011,"Hunting for Gray Gaberdine". I especially like the former,perhaps in linen. Such would not be very practical as I could only wear it four months. But,alas,casual,smart and stylish. A tobacco colored,linen odd jacket would be very nice as well.
  • Information