Prince William's Wedding Attire

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
Cufflink79

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:27 pm

Kate's father wore his morning attire very well.

Best Regards,

Cufflink79
_DR

Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:33 pm

After all of the hand-wringing over whether the Prime Minister would wear morning dress, I was pleasantly suprised Mr Cameron chose to wear a double breasted waistcoat (at a guess, RTW from Gieves & Hawkes) rather than the morning dress worn by the leader of the Labour Party. Good to see a number of male guests wearing starched collars (notably the bride's younger brother). A shame that such formality is now reserved for events such as this - which only occur once in a generation.
2.jpg
1.jpg
Man at C&A

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:31 pm

_DR wrote:After all of the hand-wringing over whether the Prime Minister would wear morning dress, I was pleasantly suprised Mr Cameron chose to wear a double breasted waistcoat (at a guess, RTW from Gieves & Hawkes) rather than the morning dress worn by the leader of the Labour Party. Good to see a number of male guests wearing starched collars (notably the bride's younger brother). A shame that such formality is now reserved for events such as this - which only occur once in a generation.
2.jpg
1.jpg
Of course DC's impeccable breeding/education and Bullingdon past would point him towards a better turn out than Miliband Jnr... however for my money the most telling comment of the day was from Boris Johnson being interviewed pre wedding by a BBC staffer. The beeb journo commented on how smart Bozza was looking, to which he replied "of course I'm going to wear the proper kit on a day like this".

Top marks to the man, it almost made me want to vote for him :twisted:
Digby Snaffles

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:31 pm

All over the world wrote:I hope he wears an RAF uniform! So much better than just wearing morning dress.
In the end he thankfully went for a real uniform that wasn't a polyester blend.
All over the world

Wed May 04, 2011 2:28 pm

_DR wrote:After all of the hand-wringing over whether the Prime Minister would wear morning dress, I was pleasantly suprised Mr Cameron chose to wear a double breasted waistcoat (at a guess, RTW from Gieves & Hawkes) rather than the morning dress worn by the leader of the Labour Party. Good to see a number of male guests wearing starched collars (notably the bride's younger brother). A shame that such formality is now reserved for events such as this - which only occur once in a generation.
2.jpg
1.jpg

Why they would even invite the leader of Labour Party in the first place is more the question. Or why they would invite people people like the Beckhams... According to my family they did it to shock people and to expose social differences in a very subtle way, perhaps as a sort of warning to show that money does not always come with class.
I personally don't see why they'd do that. Odd...
Man at C&A

Wed May 04, 2011 3:58 pm

All over the world wrote: Why they would even invite the leader of Labour Party in the first place is more the question. Or why they would invite people people like the Beckhams... According to my family they did it to shock people and to expose social differences in a very subtle way, perhaps as a sort of warning to show that money does not always come with class.
Only 10% as offensive as some odious comments over on Cutter & Tailor.... still it was nice seeing the middle class Middletons being better dressed than nearly all of the blue-bloods.
All over the world

Wed May 04, 2011 11:47 pm

Man at C&A wrote:
All over the world wrote: Why they would even invite the leader of Labour Party in the first place is more the question. Or why they would invite people people like the Beckhams... According to my family they did it to shock people and to expose social differences in a very subtle way, perhaps as a sort of warning to show that money does not always come with class.
Only 10% as offensive as some odious comments over on Cutter & Tailor.... still it was nice seeing the middle class Middletons being better dressed than nearly all of the blue-bloods.
Well I didn't mean it as an offence, but the Beckhams really are horribly vulgar people. And the Middletons probably received some advice from the Queen's Household. William did after all transform Kate into the beautifully well dressed woman she is now.

Style has always been associated with either old money, the gentry or the nobility, and most people judge others by what they wear, that's the sad truth.
Costi

Thu May 05, 2011 6:00 am

All over the world wrote:Style has always been associated with either old money, the gentry or the nobility
We learn something new every day... :wink:
  • Information