Down duvets made of eider down.

Discuss travel, watches, gastronomy, wines, boats and all other aspects of the Elegant life
tweed_for_me

Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Hello all

Back in the "old" days duvets where made only of down. Sadly, not so today anymore......

But, I guess there are some who still make good duvets from superb down. Here the Eider bird was a top of the range back then.

So, where do one get a duvet like these today?
Anyone know about a local duvet maker?

Thanks for helping
Milo

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:23 pm

Ringsted Dynefabrik in Ringsted, Denmark, offers duvets made from Icelandic eiderdown in three sizes. Their web site seems to be in Danish only (http://www.shop.ringsteddynefabrik.dk/s ... -387p.html), but I am sure they will be happy to reply to inquiries in English (info@ringsteddynefabrik.dk).

Danish for eider down is edderdun, if you want to search for the other sizes on their site.

It will be no surprise to you that eiderdown duvets are not cheap...

Milo
tweed_for_me

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:49 am

Hello and thank you for the link.
Well, they eider down duvets are VERY good. The hole process of gathering the down is hard and time consuming. Making the price high. But, so is it with all good things in life.

Will lett you all know how it goes.

Thanks
Roy

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:37 pm

Wow, this is very cool. As a (Dutch) retailer of beds and accessories I really like that you are considering eider down. It really is the very best, unfortunately due to the price I only sell one duvet every two or even three years made from Eider. I am not sure about a local retailer for you, but check out the Christian Fischbacher brand if you can. You can order several Eider versions of the Fischbacher duvet, one with silk ticking, the other with cotton.

In any case, as long as it's real Eider down you will sleep very comfortably.
  • Information