Italian tailor in London

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

amphius

Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:37 am

I prefer an Italian cut of jacket with very little shoulder padding and not too baggy. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good Italian tailor in London. I do not want to pay Rubinacci prices (I read they are higher than Savile Row). And Brioni only alter ready made garments, which doesn't seem good value for money at their prices.

Does anyone have experience of Nicola Donati in Belgravia, they say they are the London branch of the Francesconi family tailors? And there is also a company Neil O'Brien Tailoring that gets bespoke suits made in Italy. I have emailed both for details.

Does anyone know of any smaller Italian tailors who visit London?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Bishop of Briggs

Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:59 pm

Unless you want a spalla camicia, you could try an English firm that is renowned for soft tailoring - Anderson & Sheppard or one of its alumni, e.g. Thomas Mahon or Edwin de Boise at Steed. Fadia Aoun, who took over Brian Russell's business, also offers soft tailoring. You can read more about her here - http://www.esquire.co.uk/2009/05/the-be ... the-tailor.
amphius

Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Yes, I would like spalla camicia. I have had Savile Row soft tailoring before and I would now like something leaner and with a spalla camicia.
Leon

Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:35 am

You could try Adrian Volpe:

http://www.volpe.ltd.uk

Leon
ScholarsInk

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:33 am

amphius wrote:I prefer an Italian cut of jacket with very little shoulder padding and not too baggy. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good Italian tailor in London. I do not want to pay Rubinacci prices (I read they are higher than Savile Row). And Brioni only alter ready made garments, which doesn't seem good value for money at their prices.

Does anyone have experience of Nicola Donati in Belgravia, they say they are the London branch of the Francesconi family tailors? And there is also a company Neil O'Brien Tailoring that gets bespoke suits made in Italy. I have emailed both for details.

Does anyone know of any smaller Italian tailors who visit London?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Cost aside, isn't Brioni just about as far as you can get from 'very little shoulder padding'?
  • Information