C & J 341 last query

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Britaly

Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:19 pm

Gents,

I'm quite sold on some C&J Ashdown Cordovans on the 341 last from plal.

I have exchanged emails to establish availability for early Jan delivery (£100 cheaper than shop price).

Now, living in Italy I won't be in the UK till Christmas but I've just seen some Malvern monks in a local shop (same last) so am I correct in thinking if I try these on in my size, I'll be safe ordering the Ashdown Cordovans in same size from Plal?

I'm a newcomer to C&J so inexperienced as to their fittings.

I was going to wait to try on the Ashdown in a C&J shop in the UK but if I can save some time why not do it this way and have a lovely pair waiting for me in the New Year?

Any forthcoming is welcome and appreciated.

MB
Britaly

Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:53 pm

Is the answer: a) "What a silly question! I can't believe he asked that; isn't it obvious? .."
or b) "I have no idea. Stupid chap!"
:?
RWS

Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:01 pm

I've no idea (I won't add, "Stupid chap!", as I don't think that).
Britaly

Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:14 pm

I suppose what I should have posted was ' Is it safe to assume if a shoe in my size on a particular last fits me, will a different shoe model by the same maker in the same size and on the same last also fit me?"
Huzir

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:41 am

Well, yes, it is generally safe for you to assume that. However, an oxford, a derby, and a monkstrap on the same last will all fit very slightly differently. It depends how idiosyncratic your feet are. In my case, the monks on C&J 337 are looser than the oxfords.
Pangur

Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:51 am

Hy Britaly,
alas, I can not help you with the last query. But I think I know, why only so few gave you an answer. I would asume that to most of the gents on this forum it is not an appealing idea to go into a shop, try on shoes and then buy them online. That does not feel right, as it is literally stealing the shops (salespersons) time and therefore money.
And of course, as Huzir pointed out: don't buy shoes (or clothes) online, if you are not really really sure about the fit. Better wait, till you get a chance to try them on (and maybe even get an after christmas sale deal).

Good luck
  • Information