Hamilton shirts?

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

alden

Sat May 19, 2007 2:16 pm

http://www.mensvogue.com/clothing/threa ... ton_shirts

This Houston based shirtmaker is compared to Charvet, Turnbull & Asser and he best from Milan...anyone heard of them?
masterfred

Sat May 19, 2007 3:55 pm

I knew they provided "custom" shirts for upscale American clothing stores like Barneys, but I thought they were strictly a made-to-measure operation. I see that their website claims they make patterns for each customer, but I have my doubts; I very well may be wrong, but I don't think they've got a real-live shirtmaker who cuts an individual pattern, as Kabbaz does, or the folks at Charvet. I've seen the shirts firsthand, although not on a customer, and they are very well made.
MTM

Sat May 19, 2007 4:24 pm

A good friend of mine in Las Vegas has a few. I haven't examined them closely, but they look very nice on him. Beautifully finished.

I knew the company was based in Texas, so I asked him if he'd bought them there, but he said he didn't know anything about them since his wife buys all his clothes for him. I would assume she got them ready-made from Neiman Marcus or Saks in LV.
smoothjazzone

Sat May 19, 2007 11:53 pm

Met Jim Hamilton once at Bergdorf by chance -- he manages the MTM shirt operation at Barney's and several other places and was at BG to discuss managing BGs MTM business. The shirts are "custom" only as much as a few modifications to their basic pattern. They are well made and reasonably priced.
LARon

Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:46 pm

I've had a few, made through Barney's, and I must concur -- they are well made, a great range of fabrics and well priced.
Cufflink79

Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:32 pm

I do not own any Hamilton shirts at the current time, but when I visit Hubert White in Minneapolis I have seen the display and some of the shirts already put together. They look very nice and remind of Robert Talbott shirts in a way.

Good American quality, just nice conservative shirts.

Here is their web site.

http://www.hamiltonshirts.com/

Best Regards,

Cufflink79
dmhamilton

Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:58 pm

Full disclosure: I am affiliated w/ Hamilton. I came across this post and wanted to respond and provide some factual info as opposed to my subjective opinion.

We do offer a true bespoke shirt. On this page you can see Jim Hamilton in front of some of our patterns. http://hamilton.ergos.com/AboutUs.aspx. We also offer a made-to-measure shirt making use of stock patterns. If the sales associate at a retailer feels a custom pattern is necessary to provide the best fit, then he/she takes photos of the customer in a try-on shirt. We make a custom pattern using the photos and measurements.

If you are ever in Houston we invite you to visit our storefront and workshop where all shirts are made. All visitors receive less 25% off the listed custom price as it's our experience that if someone comes and sees our operation they will be a long time client.

Another note... someone mentioned that they reminded him of Talbott shirts. In fact, Talbott entered the shirt business by purchasing a ready-made shirt company from Jim Hamilton. So, there is a connection but there has not been any affiliation for almost 20 years.
Cufflink79

Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:32 pm

dmhamilton wrote:Another note... someone mentioned that they reminded him of Talbott shirts. In fact, Talbott entered the shirt business by purchasing a ready-made shirt company from Jim Hamilton. So, there is a connection but there has not been any affiliation for almost 20 years.

That would be me. :)

quote="Cufflink79"]I do not own any Hamilton shirts at the current time, but when I visit Hubert White in Minneapolis I have seen the display and some of the shirts already put together. They look very nice and remind of Robert Talbott shirts in a way. [/quote]

Best Regards,

Cufflink79
eddie

Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:19 pm

I just called the houston based company. Based off of there website sounded like a company I wanted to do business with. Plus they have no one selling their shirts in Arizona. Which was another factor for me so I could distance myself from my competition. I was told by the rep. that they aren't expanding their wholesale business and i might not even get a call back. ANYONE?
  • Information