Cufflinks with Odd Jackets or Sports Coats

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

leslie

Tue May 01, 2007 6:23 am

Do members feel it is appropriate to wear cufflinks with Odd Jackets or Sports Coats or only with suits?
alden

Tue May 01, 2007 8:35 am

Leslie

There are a good many cufflinks fans on the site who would rightly assert that they can be worn with any dress.

I wear (gold ) cufflinks only with a DJ.
SouthPender

Tue May 01, 2007 3:38 pm

One way to de-formalize the cufflink look a little with sports jackets is to go with silk knots. Some men don't like them, but I do. They let you wear French cuffs effectively with a more casual jacket and add a colorful accent (provided, of course, that you have your jacket and shirt cuffs cut to the proper length to show about 1/2" of linen) that can be picked up in the tie or pocket square.
Cufflink79

Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:28 pm

I wear cufflinks whenever I can. :D

The silk knots are a good choice, also you can wear sported theme cufflinks as well. Such as golf, cricket, riding, or tennis. Whatever your sport, or sport you enjoy goes good with a sport jacket. Animal links are great as well.

Best Regards,

Cufflink79
oldog/oldtrix

Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:56 pm

alden wrote:
There are a good many cufflinks fans on the site who would rightly assert that they can be worn with any dress.

I generally wear mine with shirts; but to each his own.
  • Information