RTW Natural Shoulder?

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Chris Rimby

Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:35 pm

Hi,

I'm new to all this and need to pick up some RTW pieces to build my wardrobe up a little before going bespoke. The one thing I know I'm after is a natural-shouldered suit. Which RTW manufacturers make a good fitted, natural-shouldered suit? Thanks in advance for your time.

Chris
Gruto

Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:12 pm

I got one from Belvest (Italy) in cashmere and wool.
tiger02

Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:02 pm

Sartoria Partenopea, La Vera Sartoria Napoletana, Kiton, Isaia, Attolini, and Borelli all make a natural shoulder to an extent. SP also makes for Barbera, albeit at a higher price.

edit: forgot Zegna's top line, can't remember the name off the top of my head. Not the line which you can find on rack after rack in Saks'--Napoli Couture or Sartoriale or similar.

I think that La Vera Sartoria is the only one that uses no padding whatsoever in RTW. I'm not 100% sure because haven't tried them on myself.

Tom

edit 2: blasted misplaced apostrophes
Last edited by tiger02 on Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris Rimby

Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:06 pm

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Chris
kolecho

Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:40 am

tiger02 wrote:Sartoria Partenopea, La Vera Sartoria Napoletana, Kiton, Isaia, Attolini, and Borelli all make a natural shoulder to an extent. SP also makes for Barbera, albeit at a higher price.

edit: forgot Zegna's top line, can't remember the name off the top of my head. Not the line which you can find on rack after rack in Saks'--Napoli Couture or Sartoriale or similar.

I think that La Vera Sartoria is the only one that uses no padding whatsoever in RTW. I'm not 100% sure because haven't tried them on myself.

Tom

edit 2: blasted misplaced apostrophes
In NYC, where can one look for Partenopea and La Vera?
tiger02

Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:44 am

I bought my Partenopea sportcoat from Loungeite jasstoltz, who had found a small selection at C21. There's a cryptic reference to a "retail store on West Broadway" on another forum, but that's all I can find.

Tom
KSM

Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:25 pm

kolecho wrote:
In NYC, where can one look for Partenopea and La Vera?
I got one from jasstoltz too. I'm a big fan of Partenopea. No idea where to find them in NYC, but L'Uomo in Montreal has a huge selection.
  • Information