Esquire folder in Gallery, Yahhoo group & L. Fellows

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!

Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:10 pm

1) What happened to the Esquire folder, containing the Fellows illustrations, in the Gallery?

2) Does the Yahoo group website still contain archived articles? If so, how does one access the articles if one is not already a member of the Yahoo group?

3) Beside for Etutee's invaluable posts, does anyone know if there are websites where the AA/Esky illustrations are available for study?

Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:20 pm

ad 1) the folder is still there, labelled ESKY

Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:19 pm

Will someone be kind enough to post a link?

Thanks

Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:38 pm

The page comes up blank, is the link correct?

Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:51 am

Yes, it`s correct. But without full membership you won`t have any access.

Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:11 am

Thank you. How does one apply for membership?

Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:56 am

:cry: I'm saddened that there seems to be no way to access these illustrations. Since it appears that membership is a very limited thing, is it possible that these could be moved to an accessable folder? Or could someone be kind enough to post a reply as to who to contact to gain access?

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:58 am

may be made simply by e-writing Michael Alden, founder and co-ordinator of the Lounge.

Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:59 am

MAY I SUGGESS THIS REFERENCE BOOK/ MEN IN STYLE ,THE GOLDEN AGE OF FASHION by WODDY HOCHSWENDER, KIM GROSS ISBN;0847817040 rizzole intl pubns circa 1993.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:45 am

I have it and hopefully there is more in that gallery than was in the book

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:may be made simply by e-writing Michael Alden, founder and co-ordinator of the Lounge.
I've sent him a message both to alden@londonlounge.net and a pm. I haven't heard anything back for over a week. Is he unavailable, or am I trying to contact him by the incorrect means? :?:

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:18 pm

I order my shirts without pockets. I suppose I must have had to decide whether or not I wanted a pocket a long time ago, but now I am locked into habit. A pocket would bother me. A pocket on someone else’s shirt is, of course, of no consequence to me. I can’t recommend one way or the other. If I have a pen in need of temporary storage it gets tucked inside my shirt, clipped to the placket and under my tie, hidden from view. That has never caused a problem.

I have recently been experimenting with casual shirts and have had some success with a soft collar. I am considering making my next one a short sleeved version in a cotton/linen or another rough textured cloth with two breast pockets. Tutee posted an example in his recent article. I don’t think I would get one on a dress shirt I planned on wearing with a jacket.

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:33 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:may be made simply by e-writing Michael Alden, founder and co-ordinator of the Lounge.
I've sent him a message both to alden@londonlounge.net and a pm. I haven't heard anything back for over a week. Is he unavailable, or am I trying to contact him by the incorrect means? :?:
  • Information