Remember dancing lessons

"He had that supreme elegance of being, quite simply, what he was."

-C. Albaret describing Marcel Proust

Style, chic, presence, sex appeal: whatever you call it, you can discuss it here.
Gruto

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:05 pm

Lord Chesterfield to his son:

"Remember to take the best dancing-master at Berlin, more to teach you to sit, stand and walk gracefully, than to dance finely. The Graces, the Graces; remember the Graces! Adieu!"
A.Hacking

Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:21 pm

Whatever one thinks of the celebrity dancing shows on television it does make me envious when the professionals dance together. The ability to move so smoothly and elegantly yet with such control over both oneself and one's partner must transfer to daily life.
Sadly, Mrs H has no desire to learn and wouldn't approve if I were to fly solo. Alas I will not be ordering a tailcoat anytime soon.
BespokeMex

Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:00 am

A.Hacking wrote:Whatever one thinks of the celebrity dancing shows on television it does make me envious when the professionals dance together. The ability to move so smoothly and elegantly yet with such control over both oneself and one's partner must transfer to daily life.
Sadly, Mrs H has no desire to learn and wouldn't approve if I were to fly solo. Alas I will not be ordering a tailcoat anytime soon.
Perhaps Mrs. H can accompany you to take lessons. When she sees how much fun you are having, she may want to try it with you. :wink:
  • Information