LL/ Gaziano & Girling Limited Edition shoe

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

alden

Thu May 03, 2007 2:35 pm

Please find details in the Cloth Club and Limited Edition forum

http://thelondonlounge.net/gl/forum/vie ... 2353#22353
Last edited by alden on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alden

Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:18 am

I am very pleased to announce the first of what I hope will be many collaborations with G&G in the production of elegant, limited edition footwear. As with the production of limited edition cloth and accessories, the focus of the LL is to issue classic models, designed and crafted the way they should be.

Unfortunately a good deal of sartorial products that are referred to as “classic” today have been modernized and updated to the point of losing their essential and timeless elegance DNA, the special thing that made them classics in the first place.

The LL/ G&G Classic Spectator

The spectator shoe is a fundamental component of an elegant summer wardrobe. A simple review of Etutee’s various posts on summer fashions will confirm this statement. If you wear linen, cotton or lightweight flannels in summer, the elegant spectator shoe has its place in your wardrobe. The “elegant” spec is something that is almost impossible to find these days, and the garish examples available on the market understandably give the spectator a bad name.

This is a shoe I have always wanted to make and wear. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

The shoe will be made to order for our members and delivered with G&G bespoke bags and box at a cost of 690 GBP (590 GBP ex UK tax.)

One should expect 5 months for orders to be completed and a 50% deposit will be required to place the order with G&G.

The members should also know their size in a UK manufacturer’s shoe eg Edward Green, Grenson, Crockett & Jones etc

If you are interested in ordering or require other information, please write to alden@thelondonlounge.net
Cufflink79

Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:32 pm

100% perfect :D

These are the best looking shoes I have seen in a long time.

Best Regards,

Cufflink79
LS

Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:29 pm

Why is the sole black and not brown? :(

LS
speedster

Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:07 pm

Alfred Sargent has a slightly simmilar shoe IMHO

The Two Tone Brogue, it may not be to the same standard ...

I stand corrected, its not suede or same last nor finish ...
pemazel

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:07 pm

One should expect 5 months for orders to be completed

Any news? 5 month have lapsed ...

Paul
HappyStroller

Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:31 am

Well, the pair ordered arrived either last or earlier this week while I was out of town. It looks just like the pictures. BTW, the soles are two-tone browns, with the middle lighter than the toe and heel, which has a black diagonal rubber corner.
  • Information