Battistoni Sportcoat - Going Bespoke?

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Royal_Elegance

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:35 am

Hi all,

I have recently visited Battistoni in Rome and tried on a sportcoat. The style and cut were fantastic but the imperfect fit stopped me from buying it. It was unlined, extremely light and comfortable, with spalla camicia shoulders, semi-open quarters, double vents and a nice nip at the waist. It was fitted with no drape and it actually had the look of a structured jacket without the structure! It was just perfect for summer. I am hesitating to go bespoke so that I can get the perfect fit since Battistoni is mostly known for their shirts.

Does anybody have any experience with bespoke suits/sportcoats from Battistoni? If not, do you know who makes the sportcoats for them or recommend any tailors who could offer the same cut/style?

Many thanks!
Max Power

Tue May 03, 2011 9:12 pm

I do not know if it is still the case, but last I heard Sartoria Castangia makes Battistoni's suits and sports jackets. If that is still the case -- and I suggest you ask of someone at Battistoni -- you would be in more than fine hands.
tteplitzmd

Tue May 03, 2011 9:35 pm

Memorably poor customer service on the floor at Battistoni, at least with their RTW goods.
Royal_Elegance

Wed May 04, 2011 11:53 am

For the MTM service, I was told that the measurements are taken by the salesman himself (not from the tailor), which did not impress me. I am not sure if that is the case for the bespoke service as well. I did get a bad vibe about the MTM option, so I am only considering the bespoke service.

Are you saying that Sartoria Castangia can make the same style? Can someone go to them directly? I do prefer Battistoni though because it's convenient. I just have no clue about the quality of their service and the resulting fit.
  • Information