Double breasted morning coat waistcoat (light gray)

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

aspire

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:33 am

Dear all,

I'm looking for a light gray double breasted morning coat waistcoat, excactly like the one present on the following picture:

unfortunately I'm just finding dark gray waistcoats, could you please help me finding what I'm looking for ?

Thanks and Regards
andreyb

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:55 am

Aspire, are you looking for a RTW one?

Favourbrook has a good selection.

http://www.favourbrook.com/shop/categor ... aistcoats/
http://www.favourbrook.com/shop/categor ... aistcoats/

Andrey
Man at C&A

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:25 pm

in addition to the above you could try David Saxby on the Fulham Road (just south of Putney Bridge). Hackett have a nice d/b job in a light grey herringbone too, but I've only seen it at their Jermyn Street store.

However I'd be careful of mix & matching morning wear from different suppliers, the way the 3 parts of the dress work together is important in creating a balance.
aspire

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:11 pm

Dear all,

I've already check the websites that you are suggesting, but as you can see the waistcoats are made of a dark gray fabric:

That is quite darker if compared to the color that I'm looking for:

Unfortunately I can buy only from online stores since I don't live in the UK :wink: .

Regards,
Aspire
culverwood

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:25 pm

I know Favourbrook will offer a MTM service for morning wear and if you were to contact them and ask if they could make a waistcoat to X size in a lighter grey material it may be possible. Worth a try anyway.
SMCK

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Try Pakeman Catto Carter; Looks pale grey to me.
Your tailor will run you up something much better I am sure.
Costi

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:11 pm

SMCK wrote:Your tailor will run you up something much better I am sure.
Agreed. In your situation, your best bet for a good-looking DB waistcoat seems to be with a local tailor.
It's not a handkerchief, it's a specialty item that needs to be tailored on you to look good. Especially since you have a precise model and colour in mind (and a nice one, I might add), it's highly improbable that you will find it RTW. Even if you do, you'll almost surely need to have it altered by a tailor to improve the fit.
I just hope you didn't realize now that you need it tomorrow. Don't waste any more time, go find a tailor :wink:
  • Information