Kilgour changes hands

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

DerSenator

Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:39 am

As a bespoke customer of Kilgour I can give you my educated guess: Mr Brandelli and his colleagues want to turn Kilgour into a global brand, and needed the additional resources a deep-pocketed investor could offer. London is the world's style capital at present, so this is the moment to establish a presence in New York, Paris, Tokyo, Shanghai, Moscow etc. etc.

I find it ironic that those who disparage Mr Brandelli's motives are frequently the same people bemoaning the precarious state of much of the Row. This is how brands are nurtured in our time, and Kilgour is a brand just as are Poole, Dege, Huntsman et al. Mr Brandelli is savvy enough to know that he cannot rely on the denizens of a few post codes in the West End to support himself and the artisans who rely on him for their living.
storeynicholas

Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:49 pm

It is even less surprising when one considers that their focus is the same as many of their 'celebrity' clients.
NJS
  • Information