Dress Socks

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
Mark Seitelman

Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:29 am

Concordia wrote:I've had some sweater deliveries that came with odd odors. Detergent, insecticide, perfume-- never able to figure it out. A dry-cleaning got most of it, and I suppose that cedar chips and moth sachets will take care of the rest.
Simple solution: return it.
Concordia

Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:08 am

Mark Seitelman wrote:
Concordia wrote:I've had some sweater deliveries that came with odd odors. Detergent, insecticide, perfume-- never able to figure it out. A dry-cleaning got most of it, and I suppose that cedar chips and moth sachets will take care of the rest.
Simple solution: return it.
End of line sale. And a nice sweater.
HristoStefanov

Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:54 am

Mark Seitelman wrote:I received an order from Mes Chaussettes Rouge, and the socks had a peculiar, sickening odor I associate with insecticide.

Upon inquiry, I was told that the socks are sprayed with Rouge Habit Guerlain. I was also told that this is the shop's signature, and that hundreds of thousands of orders have had this perfume without complaint. I was told to wash the socks to remove the odor. This worked. I was also told that on future orders I should instruct them not to spray.

What a hassle! What a way to do business! When I purchase socks (or any other clothing) I don't want them sprayed with perfume.
I like that the French are giving some extra attention to the package and the perfume is also part of it. It is like the old days when a lady would put some of her perfume on a letter.
Some like it, some not.
alden

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:02 am

I am particularly happy with their Airport line as an all rounder sock which can be worn almost around the year.
+1

I also love their Teppich im schuh model for boots.

Cheers
  • Information