Discuss travel, watches, gastronomy, wines, boats and all other aspects of the Elegant life
Thomas I. Kim

Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:57 pm

Last edited by Thomas I. Kim on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
uppercase

Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:18 pm

We have Cubans here, so I will smoke anything Cuban.

I'm not too fussy. I don't subscribe too much to tasting notes on cigars nor look for hints of plum and leather. A cigar is a smoke and I like it or I don't.

My cigar smoking has increased a bit with the holidays, so I have had some nice Bolivars, particularly a nice torpedo, some Montecristi, a Cohiba siglo V, even an Upmann junior corona for after lunch, which I find pleasant with a cup of espresso before getting back to work.

I haven't heard of the Cohiba sublime. Let us know what you think.
TVD

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:45 pm

The Sublime is very large.

I like sizeable cigars, and prefer not to finish one, rather than to go for a small one. Smoother. Most frequently I will go for something like the Trinidad Robusto Extras, or Esplendidos, or Lusitanias Cabinet sSelection.

But the Sublimes are large, even in this context. Make sure you have time, and the appetite for one. It is not a good idea to do it feeling unsure, just having overindulged at dinner. But in the right circumstances I like them a lot.
upmann

Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:20 pm

Gentleman,
I think that Sublimes together with Partagas Pyramides EL are the best Limited Editions ever made. Sublimes are strong and rich cigars able to age for decades. I have four boxes in my humidor. Kind regards.
filangieri

Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:27 am

To fully appreciate a Cohiba Sublimes a gentleman needs to unplug from any other business other than reading a fine book in the company of a glass (or a bottle) of fine French Champagne.
I have a box my humidor and I smoke a few last summer sitting out on the porch at night.
It is a rich smoke that lasts approximately 2 1/2 hours, it's medium strong and loaded with subtle and complex aromas.
I agree with Upmann: it's probably the best Habanos "Ediccion Limitada" to date, along with the Partagas Piramides and the Cohiba Double Coronas.
  • Information