ShortList's Most Stylish Man

"He had that supreme elegance of being, quite simply, what he was."

-C. Albaret describing Marcel Proust

Style, chic, presence, sex appeal: whatever you call it, you can discuss it here.
BirdofSydney

Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:42 am

#3 looks pretty damn good. He has succumbed to the short trousers trend (a mistake amplified by the choice of black socks!), and I don't much like that shirt collar but he is a long way ahead of the other two.
pur_sang

Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:10 am

Frederic Leighton wrote:
pur_sang wrote:[...] However, if you ask someone to picture masculinity, I doubt anyone (men or women) will have any of these runway models in their heads. The fashion world is feminizing men, men don't need a wardrobe makeover twice every year. [...]
When I get dressed in the morning, my last concern is to look like a man. I am a man. I don't need to look like one. I don't worry if what I am wearing, or 1-2 inches difference in the length of my coat, makes someone think that I am not masculine enough according to their idea of man.
You are right. I can wear a Valentino lace gown and I am still a man. My point is, young men (or men in general) should try to understand what is most suitable for them, and what looks best on them. In this case, this young man will look even better if the suit is not so ill-fitted.
  • Information