Moleskin Trousers

"He had that supreme elegance of being, quite simply, what he was."

-C. Albaret describing Marcel Proust

Style, chic, presence, sex appeal: whatever you call it, you can discuss it here.
hectorm

Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:26 pm

If Cordings does not work for you, I have bought excellent RTW moleskin trousers from Ben Silver (made of English cloth but a bit lighter weighted than those from Cordings). I´m not sure if they make them in small sizes though; they are geared to the American market, you know. You may be faced with the same "palazzo pants" problem.
Slh

Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:01 pm

hectorm wrote:If Cordings does not work for you, I have bought excellent RTW moleskin trousers from Ben Silver (made of English cloth but a bit lighter weighted than those from Cordings). I´m not sure if they make them in small sizes though; they are geared to the American market, you know. You may be faced with the same "palazzo pants" problem.
I like cordings because they are fair priced and have daks adjusters. I might get the size 30 and have them altered, however I don't know if it is worth because I have to alter the waist, taper the leg and the lenght.
hectorm

Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:49 pm

Slh wrote: I have to alter the waist, taper the leg and the length.
It sounds like a clear case for MTM.
Concordia

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:08 pm

If you ask nicely, Ben Silver will MTO with or without pleats in various rises. In my size, at least, the leg openings are more trim than SR tailors tend to like.
  • Information