Stroller for Easter

"He had that supreme elegance of being, quite simply, what he was."

-C. Albaret describing Marcel Proust

Style, chic, presence, sex appeal: whatever you call it, you can discuss it here.
rodes

Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:19 am

IMHO, the striped trousers date the stroller and render it seriously close to costume. How I wish this were not so, because I genuinely like the style. For me the checked trousers are the right ticket at least on the happy occasions where I wear mine. These include day weddings, baptisms, graduations, special church services, etc. Perhaps we can bring the ensemble itself back to favor and plan for the striped trousers follow in due course.
hectorm

Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:31 am

rodes wrote: Perhaps we can bring the ensemble itself back to favor and plan for the striped trousers follow in due course.
I believe those to be good intentions. May be for the ensemble to become fashionable again it would take the help of celebrities, royalty or even a new president wearing a stroller "a la Reagan" for his inauguration.
Meanwhile current designers are not helping this cause that much. Just take a look at the not so happy example of the stroller promoted by the Ralph Lauren house (Chaps) for their younger followers.

http://www.jimsformalwear.com/images/pr ... roller.jpg
rodes

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:47 pm

You rascal hectorm. You have outed me by posting my photo in a RL coat.
hectorm

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:09 am

rodes wrote:You rascal hectorm. You have outed me by posting my photo in a RL coat.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
rodes

Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:54 am

An old post to consider anew. I am still an enthusiast for this coat. If you have one gentleman, brush it up and wear it this happy Sunday. If not, commission one for next year and be prepared for respectful compliments.
hectorm

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:04 pm

rodes wrote:An old post to consider anew. I am still an enthusiast for this coat.
The times are against you, Rodes. 5 years ago, Ralph Lauren still promoted the stroller style that I linked in my post above. They have phased it out completely now.
rodes

Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:28 pm

That is why I'm counting on you Hectorm.
andy57

Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:53 am

Man at C&A wrote:"off to the Lodge"? In a word... the masons. I think the only group in the mainland UK who still wear strollers on a regular basis.
This is not correct, at least not in London.
  • Information