Dry cleaning tie in London

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
bond_and_beyond

Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:30 pm

After having just splashed olive oil / butter from my crab ravioli lunch all over my T&A grenadine tie I need to have it cleaned. Can anyone recommend a good cleaners in London? Does T&A provide a cleaning service?

BB
hectorm

Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:15 pm

This is an easy one.
Turnbull & Asser does not provide cleaning services, but they highly recommend Jeeves, who holds the Prince of Wales Royal Warrant. Jeeves has a few shops in central London including one in Mayfair less than a 10 minute walk from the T&A store on Jermyn St.
aston

Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:45 pm

Fully agree with Hectorm.

Grease dripping from a British Airways pizza slice onto a Hermes tie dealt with swiftly and effectively..........
bond_and_beyond

Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Many thanks both. Any experience with Burford Valet?

BB
hectorm

Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:06 pm

bond_and_beyond wrote: Does T&A provide a cleaning service?
hectorm wrote:Turnbull & Asser does not provide cleaning services, but they highly recommend Jeeves, who holds the Prince of Wales Royal Warrant.
By the way, for those of us who happen to be -permanently or temporarily- on this side of the Atlantic, the nice people of the Turnbull & Asser Manhattan store recommend the services of Hallak on 2nd. Ave.
loarbmhs

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:13 pm

Can't comment on Hallak, but I've had superb results from Tiecrafters in NYC:

252 W 29th St # B, New York, NY 10001
(212) 629-5800
tiecrafters.com

They're meticulous, careful, quick and inexpensive. They also offer an alterations service to narrow/widen/shorten a tie. Can't recommend them highly enough. Ask for the owner, Andy!
hectorm wrote:
bond_and_beyond wrote: Does T&A provide a cleaning service?
hectorm wrote:Turnbull & Asser does not provide cleaning services, but they highly recommend Jeeves, who holds the Prince of Wales Royal Warrant.
By the way, for those of us who happen to be -permanently or temporarily- on this side of the Atlantic, the nice people of the Turnbull & Asser Manhattan store recommend the services of Hallak on 2nd. Ave.
hectorm

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:13 pm

loarbmhs wrote: I've had superb results from Tiecrafters in NYC... They also offer an alterations service to narrow/widen/shorten a tie.
Do you have any experience or recommendation with regards to their custom made neckties?
loarbmhs

Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:18 pm

hectorm wrote:
loarbmhs wrote: I've had superb results from Tiecrafters in NYC... They also offer an alterations service to narrow/widen/shorten a tie.
Do you have any experience or recommendation with regards to their custom made neckties?
Sorry, I don't. My only custom tie experience has been with Drake's and Hober, and I've been very happy with both.
  • Information