Burberry trenchcoat

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
Berwick

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:49 pm

I think patch pockets look OK on a polo coat, but I never choose them myself. I might on a "drinking coat" have bellows pockets in order to have two bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale/decent wine in each pocket!
JIMD

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:14 am

Gentlemen
Pardon me but has any body looked at the brute of a monster from Brooks Brothers, last that I remember I
looked at it and bought it at 1/2 the price of the then Burbury's and it seemed just as equall to the B's. The only thing different would be the color of the tartan lining used that Burbury's is famous for. It is very well constructed and has served me extraordinarilly well here in the Big Apple for over a decade with not a chink in it's armor.
Jim
Gabriel

Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:42 am

If it's just a raincoat you'e after I think Cording's raincoats and macs are worth a look.
http://www.cordings.co.uk/menswear/mackintosh
DonB

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:14 pm

Thank you kindly. This could very well be what I 'need' to fill a hole in my wardrobe between my doublebreasted winter overcoat and an umbrella.

Daedalus posted this picture on another messageboard which I frequent:
https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019B6/ ... 1_1280.jpg

I don't suppose Aquascutum makes them like this anymore...
hectorm

Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:38 pm

DonB wrote:I don't suppose Aquascutum makes them like this anymore...
Aquascutum was sold last year to a Chinese trading company (YGM) for only US$23 million. This will give you an idea. Now they are more focused in the Asian market, with lighter cloths and skimpier silhouettes.
I didn´t know Bullitt´s balmacaan raincoat was Aquascutum. Thank you.
Pssst

Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:08 pm

hectorm wrote:
DonB wrote:I don't suppose Aquascutum makes them like this anymore...
Aquascutum was sold last year to a Chinese trading company (YGM) for only US$23 million. This will give you an idea. Now they are more focused in the Asian market, with lighter cloths and skimpier silhouettes.
I didn´t know Bullitt´s balmacaan raincoat was Aquascutum. Thank you.
I am not a 100% sure, but this checked lining resembles Aqua's house check pretty accurately:

And viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9748&start=0&hilit
Berwick

Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:49 pm

I have a lovely Aquascutum trench coat that I picked up at their factory shop in Hemel Hempstead 15 years ago. Reduced from £995 to £105 due to a cancelled overseas order. I wish I had bought two now.
  • Information