Blog Project - Chris Despos Bespoke Process

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Simply Refined

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Here is the next update in my experience with Chris:

http://www.thesimplyrefined.com/chris-d ... nd-basted/

Nothing really in the way of photos, but I'm very much excited to see the results at the forward fitting in the first week of April.
dempsy444

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:42 am

Chris, recently completed a suit for me and i couldnt have been more happy with the result. I believe he chose to do two basted fittings for me as well. I recall him saying that he wanted to be sure the balance and proportion was just right before trying to shape the suit and that a change at the basted fitting would have an effect on where to shape the suit ( but I could have this wrong). Hence, he did two basted fittings before going to the forward. I appreciated this judicious approach and found that it made me feel on safe ground, and also led to a very smooth forward fitting. I think he finished mine in three fittings. Do you recall other reasons for doing two basted fittings?

Nice article by the way in the Rake.
Simply Refined

Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:51 am

Those are the same reasons why we did two basted fittings. The coat balance has been shifting a little each time and it's much easier to fix at this stage.

Thanks for the compliments on The Rake as well.
le.gentleman

Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:05 am

Great post Stephen, I look forward to the end result! Did you decide against a trouser lining?
  • Information