Your favourite "Candlelight Dinner Music"...

Discuss travel, watches, gastronomy, wines, boats and all other aspects of the Elegant life
Warwickshire

Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:55 pm

Due Tramonti - Ludovico Einaudi, simply superb.
Jack Albans

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:30 am

What a fabulous thread!

Different place, time of year, different wine, different type of person - different music.

Champagne and Maurice Chevalier: "Girls Girls Girls Girls Girls." Seems appropriate.

Burgundy is a terribly serious wine; people can come to blows over it... I'm not sure I'd drink Burgundy with a woman, unless it was Emma Peel and she was trapped in the dungeon and I were Peter Wyngarde!

Bordeaux or Penfolds something good - Brahms, Schumann maybe but er, you know what, don't discount the modern classicist Craig Armstrong and/or Liz Fraser here either.

Martini. Here's trouble. Modern trance stuff - "Don't Stop" by ATB. Orchestral stuff off John Barry's James Bond soundtracks, or off Vadim's Night Games. Is there are theme coming across here? How about Ashley Beadle's "Women Beat Their Men!!!!" Well, it's in memory of Ian Fleming isn't it?

I have once or twice over Martinis played Lee Marvin in Gorky Park on a dvd screen in the background on a loop (the soundtrack is Tchaikovksy) in which he compares the fur of a Barguzin Mink to the skin of the heroine of the movie. Some re-working of Sinatra's famous comment about Marilyn M.

...However, "candlelight" is famous for casting a special light onto Emeralds or Sapphires, and I would attempt even Michael Jackson's (Quincy Jones's) "Human Nature" over candlelight. And Emeralds.

Food? If it's "candlelight dinner" we are talking small portions of Galantine with warm Juniper sauce. Warm fresh bread. Feezing vodka and caviar. Truffles and a few medallions of ultra-fresh lobster and an excellent sauce inclusive of a little turmeric. Bed. Arctic duck down comforter. Nile Cotton covered. Sex.

Jack A.
  • Information