spare Minnis Rangoon fabric

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

~ Monsieur Xu ~

Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Dear friends,

In a recent overhaul of my fabric cellar, I've discovered a few metres of Minnis Rangoon in various solid shades, each enough for a suit or two in each colour.

I stocked up on a fairly gargantuan amount of this fabric about two years ago, based on reading how Rangoon was the finest tropical worsted on the market. Bizarrely, Minnis has discontinued the Rangoon bunch.

I've decided that I have no use for these Rangoons, having permanently converted to a lounge lizard existence and an all-linen wardrobe, so if any Loungers would like these relics from the last golden age of fabric, do get in touch through PM.

Cheers,

B
old henry

Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:53 pm

someone should buy this right away
~ Monsieur Xu ~

Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:01 am

Thanks for all the PMs. The Rangoons are in another house in another country, so I will get my staff to give me a good breakdown on what is available.

Will get back to all interested parties tomorrow or the day after.

A splendid Sunday to all!

B
de la begude

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:04 pm

Hello I could be interested in enough meters to make a suit in navy if you have this colour.

Thank you.
~ Monsieur Xu ~

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:30 pm

Just to let all those interested know, I now have pictures of all the Rangoon patterns. PM if you wish to have a look.

Thanks,

B
~ Monsieur Xu ~

Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:37 am

Chaps,

I've decided to release 2 bolts of 6m of a special one-off ecru Rangoon (grayish-cream would be a close description) that was never part of the commercial Rangoon book.

The cloth was commissioned by my old classmate a son of a Northern Italian duke as his "estate tweed", on the occasion of his 24th birthday a while back. I received some of the meterage but have decided I don't need quite so much.

Will be finalising the shipments shortly.

B
~ Monsieur Xu ~

Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:10 am

Dear friends,

I shall be finalising the fabric shipments tomorrow. Still have 1 length of navy and 2 lengths of grey so if anyone would like them, please PM me quickly.

I got some enquiries on the cream/ecru but unfortunately the cloth is now all spoken for by a few lucky LL members! Will be looking forward to the commissions that issue from this unique cloth!

Cheers,

B
  • Information