summer projects

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

yialabis

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:20 pm

This summer I asked Kyrio George to make me two slightly constructed coats and two un constructed..

My tailor is not too keen on making non contructive coats , still I think you made agood effort ..

regards
Vassilis
Frans

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:19 pm

My first post in this forum just to say thank you for sharing and wow what beautiful pieces of artisanship! They suit you well and so do the combinations you have chosen.
Costi

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:42 pm

yialabis wrote: Image
So you finally had the vintage Rubinacci coat made :wink:
Worn well, as always...
m-lan

Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:04 am

Very handsome. Thank you for sharing.
DFR

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:06 am

Very nice
Costi

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:45 am

yialabis wrote: Image
And the trousers' waist is getting higher, isn't it?
And a fuller leg I see in this and the other pictures. Better, no?
alden

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:49 am

The DB is nothing short of regal. The blue suit looks great as well. Great tailoring all around.

Cheers
yialabis

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Thank you all for the kind comments .
So you finally had the vintage Rubinacci coat made
Costi , I'm glad you think so , that is a very nice coat , I certainly gave it a try .. and I'm quite happy with it !!
And the trousers' waist is getting higher, isn't it?
And a fuller leg I see in this and the other pictures. Better, no?
Well spotted Costi, this is the most recent pattern we have made for trousers .I like it better as well for this kind of outfit .It has been used for a while (Eden in Paris was made from the same pattern and so was the LLFL 05 ), I use the lower waist version for casual trousers .
As you all probably noticed (and coming from another thread discussion) I like generous lapels on my coats , and we pay much attention to them in order for them to run smoothly towards the shoulders without dominating the look overall ..!

Regards
Vassilis
Costi

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:52 pm

yialabis wrote:I use the lower waist version for casual trousers .
I raise the waist even more for casual trousers! :wink:
yialabis wrote:I like generous lapels on my coats
Vassilis, you also have the shoulder width for them...
alden

Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:40 pm

So you finally had the vintage Rubinacci coat made :wink:
Costi,

I just read this comment....and if the truth be told, this coat is probably better. And it is a credit to the bespeaker who years ago worked with a local tailor to produce these excellent results. Well done.

Cheers

Michael
NJS

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:50 pm

Nice clothes! Is that view from up the mountain, near the St George Hotel?
NJS
ay329

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:47 pm

I like the 3 button jacket very much
yialabis

Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:13 am

.and if the truth be told, this coat is probably better. And it is a credit to the bespeaker who years ago worked with a local tailor to produce these excellent results. Well done.
Thank you Michael , and I will pass this on to my tailor as well who is now officially retired but he still works with me from home because he says he enjoys it . Indeed it has taken many years for us to be able to produce results we are both very happy with.
Nice clothes! Is that view from up the mountain, near the St George Hotel?
NJS
thank you NJS , no it is not the view from Lycabetous hill where St George is ..but that is a really nice view NJS !! A lot nicer than this one which is from my apartment down the coast of Athens in Glyfada
I like the 3 button jacket very much
thank you ay329 , which one out of the two ..??
old henry

Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:42 am

They are beautiful. The cream DB. All of them. Wow.. So much character. I like the length and the button placement and the high lapels. The overall look is very individual. The suits are you.
The Tailor is a fine craftsman. You look great. I wish I could work with him. I would learn some things. Shattuck F
Costi

Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Frank mentions the length - I was thinking before that, if the front quarters were more closed, I'd probably think the coats are longer than I'd like them. But as they are cut, with their open quarters, the length is perfect. Shorter and closed or longer and open - seems to be a sensible rule, if applied with good taste.
Frank, you might learn some things from this tailor, but I'm sure you'd enjoy working with a customer like Vassilis, too! :)
  • Information