Affordable Bespoke/MTM Shoes?

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

MTM

Fri May 06, 2011 5:16 am

^ I think he does make brogues. He definitely doesn't travel to France regularly, but maybe you'll hit a happy coincidence. I lucked out to be in LA on a weekend he was there. That's how/when/where I got measured by him and placed my order. He made a set of fit shoes and a set of fit boots and we sent them back and forth a few times, till I was confident enough to ask him to go ahead w/ the real pair. But if you email him (his website's easily found on google), I'm sure he'll be happy to answer your questions.
Frog in Suit

Sat May 07, 2011 1:34 pm

All over the world wrote: Travel is expensive and going back and forth using the Eurostar already costs 400 euros in most cases.
You can buy a return ticket to London for as little as 88 Euros if you return on the same day and you book early. There may also be weekend deals.
WS Foster travel to Japan and the US. I don't know about France.
Frog in Suit
Marlin

Sat May 07, 2011 7:54 pm

It is easier and cheaper to alter an existing last than make a new one. However I don't know if it would be possible to make well fitting shoes for you that way. I just ordered shoes with modified last from a small Finnish boot producer for a few hundred euros while full bespoke would have been many times more expensive.
  • Information