What kind of reputation does Thomas Fisher cloth have?

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

someotherstyle

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:20 pm

Please enlighten me....
Frog in Suit

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:43 am

All I know is that TF is one of the ranges offered by Dugdale. TF seems to include their lighter cloths (super numbers). I only have direct experience of Dugdale's main, heavier, range: very good, traditional cloth, good reputation. I would assume that the TF range is also good, within the limitations of the lighter weight. The Tailor and Cutter forum has reviewed Dugdale. You might want to check the discussion and the pictures there.
Hope this helps.
Frog in Suit
jgmounts

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Excellent,imo.
someotherstyle

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Thank you very much. I appreciate the comments
JCH

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Bearing in mind the lighter weight caveat already mentioned, at least for the moment I think I actually like my blue TF wool and mohair a little better than my charcoal wool and mohair sold under the main Dugdale label. Not sure I can fully articulate why, except to say it feels less crunchy but at the same time may also actually wrinkle less.
gshen

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:25 pm

FWIW Dugdale's offerings do not include mohair blends, except maybe for the formalwear bunch..might be the same cloth but maybe you were given the wrong tags for one length?

My tailor actually prefers to work with the Dugdale new fine worsteds than Minnis' Fresco actually. Of course, they like the Brisa the most...
someotherstyle

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:56 pm

Now I don't suppose anyone would have a good line on acquiring such fabrics? Other than the dugdale website of course.

I have been trying to fine a mid grey with a color check throughout, or a brown with color check throughout for ages. Seems to be more and more impossible.
:cry:
JCH

Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:51 am

Egad, the tag says "Huddersfield Cloth" [not the same one that carries J&J Minnis and J Hardy, the other one--a distributer] "Exclusively by Dugdale Bros. & Co" and it does feel different from the mid blue TF, so I will politely ask what this means.
alden

Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:59 pm

I have been trying to fine a mid grey with a color check throughout, or a brown with color check throughout for ages. Seems to be more and more impossible.
The Cloth Club has a mid grey with a blue stripe coming out in September (because finding these things "seems to be more and more impossible.")

I have put two browns with colored stripes in for testing recently. The heavy tweed herringbone with a red stripe turned out very well and we will be doing a variation on that one soon.

Cheers

Michael
Leonard Logsdail

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:51 am

Take a look at Shia LeBoef in the new wall street movie. Almost exclusively Thomas Fisher mohairs. Great cloth. Just had one made myself.
GSC

Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Take a look at Shia LeBoef in the new wall street movie. Almost exclusively Thomas Fisher mohairs. Great cloth. Just had one made myself.
Leonard Logsdail
Are the mohairs you mention from the Cape Breeze range?
Leonard Logsdail

Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:31 pm

Yes, Cape Breeze.
Gruto

Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:19 pm

I have a pair of trousers in the Cape Breeze. I like it. It's a little shiny but it falls in a sharp line, and it is quite resistant to creases.
someotherstyle

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:33 am

alden wrote:
The Cloth Club has a mid grey with a blue stripe coming out in September (because finding these things "seems to be more and more impossible.")

I have put two browns with colored stripes in for testing recently. The heavy tweed herringbone with a red stripe turned out very well and we will be doing a variation on that one soon.

Cheers

Michael
Michael,

That heavy tweed herringbone with a red stripe sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.
  • Information