Lost thread: ethical cloth for bespoke.

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

India Mail

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:15 am

Dear Gentlemen,

Please forgive what is probably my incompetance at searching, but I remember a discussion about sources of ethical, fair trade, minimum-wage, &c., cloth for clothing, before the L.L.'s suspension. I forget the gentleman's pen-name, but I said I would investigate shirts, and am pleased to be able to report. If anyone can find the discussion and post the link for me, or indeed you are that gentleman, please reply to this.

My apologies again to you all, and thank you for giving this your consideration.
marcelo

Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:45 pm

I think this should be the thread you have in mind:
http://www.thelondonlounge.net/forum/vi ... f=4&t=8734
India Mail

Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Dear Marcelo,

Thank you so much for such a prompt reply. It is the very topic. I tried "ethical", "sweat-shop", and other variations, but the Search box yielded nothing! I will draft my 'report' this evening. Thanks again.
marcelo

Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:41 pm

India Mail wrote:Dear Marcelo,

Thank you so much for such a prompt reply. It is the very topic. I tried "ethical", "sweat-shop", and other variations, but the Search box yielded nothing! I will draft my 'report' this evening. Thanks again.
I am looking forward to your post. :D
  • Information