An humble suggestion

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Baltic

Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:06 pm

First, let me say it's great to have the LL back, and thanks to our host for all the great work!

There seem to be some technical issues still being worked out, with helpful comments noted in different threads in different fora. Might it be useful to collect these in one place, like an "open issues" thread, where newly discovered problems could be identified and where resolution of issues can be posted?

For example, it's really helpful (and relieving) to learn that one needs to log in at the main forum page, after finding that the login boxes on the home page don't work.

When searching, neither the search box nor the advanced search function returns any results until one logs in, at which time the advanced search parameters change and the only search results seem to be those dating from after the re-launch. There are a couple of threads about the search function, with one user finding the advanced search to work well, and another to find that the results are all post-re-launch.

It's possible that these are the only issues, and maybe it's not worth any extra work. But as members return to the LL, it might be helpful to them if issues like these were highlighted on the home page or with a link to a single technical issues thread where someone like me can go to see whether there's a known issue or if it's just that I'm incompetent!
  • Information