The Death of Epistolary Culture

Discuss travel, watches, gastronomy, wines, boats and all other aspects of the Elegant life
Atlantic Sailor

Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:00 am

Well after trying out a range of products from some of the recommend stationers, I've decided to cast my lot in with Piccolo Press of Scotland. I'll let you know more when the final product arrives.
SAINT_X

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:47 pm

How timely!

This very day I have encountered this beast of lapses in the understanding of epistolary significance ( of the hand written kind ).
My wife and I are expecting our first baby ( a boy!) on or around May 13th and invitations for the impending baby shower are soon to be extended. My wife feels that e-mail type invitations would suffice,...I, however, do not concur. Luckily her good friend and planner agrees with me so we win the day.
( I hope they still make actual paper baby shower invitations..haha... :wink: )
Atlantic Sailor

Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:48 pm

So, I took delivery of my stationery from Piccolo Press today. The customer service was top notch and the final product is outstanding. It was also nice to deal with an retired RN commander who seems to like his new second career so much. Here is a close up of the engraving (it is the USN officer crest and has my name below it, also in gold ink):

marcelo

Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pm

It looks superb! Congratulations.
marcelo

Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:57 am

SAINT_X wrote:How timely!

This very day I have encountered this beast of lapses in the understanding of epistolary significance ( of the hand written kind ).
My wife and I are expecting our first baby ( a boy!) on or around May 13th and invitations for the impending baby shower are soon to be extended. My wife feels that e-mail type invitations would suffice,...I, however, do not concur. Luckily her good friend and planner agrees with me so we win the day.
( I hope they still make actual paper baby shower invitations..haha... :wink: )
  • Information