what do you gentlemen think of the length

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

alden

Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:00 pm

Ha! What a difference two little strips of silk can make! :lol:

I hope some of the lads in London and Paris are watching this live telecast!

Very nice indeed!

Michael
Costi

Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:03 pm

The length of the coat is just fine. It is probably the photographing angle or your erect stance in front of the camera, but the front appears (I am not saying it is) a bit short. However, this is more a point to check on future coats than a real issue with this one. The back is as smooth as butter, yet there seems to be sufficient cloth around on the sides (where it is supposed to be) to be comfortable.
Congratulations for your new suit, Vassilis, and may you wear it with many nice ties and ascots :wink:
yialabis

Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:27 pm

Thank you Costi ,

Ithink it might be the angle of the photos ..Although you are well known to have a very good eye ... :) Anyhow I have already made good use of it during x-mas!!
All the best

Vassilis
alden

Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:57 pm

Ithink it might be the angle of the photos
It most definitely is the camera angle.

If there is one thing I have learned over the years it is not to try and draw too many conclusions about clothes from amateur shots posted on the web. I know it makes for a good deal of hilarity and fun on other sites, but it is pretty unreliable at best. If you have any doubts or questions, have your tailor or a knowledgeable friend take a look.

However, do post pictures on the LL like those in evidence on this thread, especially when they culminate with a few shots of your dress. Dressing is what it is all about, right?

Cheers

Michael :)
Stavros

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:29 pm

Dear Vassili-

I will be in Athens for roughly 30 days this coming May-June, and would be very interested in commissioning a suit and/or a sport coat with your tailor. Who is he and what are your impressions of him? I had heard of a "Bespoke Athens" shop that does MTM and true bespoke, is he affiliated with them?

Stavros
Seattle WA
yialabis

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Dear Stavros ,

I would be more then happy to take you to him , or I can talk to him and you can go and see him . Vassilis the owner of Bespoke Athens is a friend I can introduce you to him as well if you want , he has a good establishment and he is a very elegant man himself .

regards
Vassilis
Stavros

Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:19 pm

Excellent, I hope we can be in touch then. Many thanks Vassili!
  • Information