New suit with pictures

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

organix71

Thu May 29, 2008 10:03 pm

Frog:

The suit looks great. I love the cloth and it has a very classic look. Like the shirting and braces as well. Strong work!

cheers,
organix71
S.Otto

Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:44 am

I love the no break look. I don't see it very often.
TimMureau

Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:22 pm

Wonderfull suit.
I do very like the cloth, I find it really stylish.
My compliments for it.
Sator

Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:46 pm

As for the crashing Internet Explorer I suggest ditching Bill and getting yourself a Mac :)

I must say I do rather fancy the Dorchester book. I have yet to have anything made up from it but I have samples which beckon to me rather alluringly. It is curious that the finished garment bears little resemblance to the picture of #1952 online:

http://www.hfw-huddersfield.co.uk/hardy ... =559254747?

I do think the fact it is a country style casual suit in an attractive brown check goes well with the fact that the waistcoat has lapels. Casual, country styled single breasted waistcoats strictly speaking should have lapels. The turn ups on the trousers are also in harmony with the overall style.

Lastly, with respect to photographing a coat, the shot of the back from directly behind is one of the most telling views.
Frog in Suit

Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:57 pm

To all of you, many thanks for your comments and compliments.
It is curious that the finished garment bears little resemblance to the picture of #1952 online:
That is probably due to the camera. I shall try to take a close-up at some point. Also, the "mottled" appearance of the twist fabric may make it difficult to capture.

As for it being a country suit, I plan to wear it in town, at least in Paris, with black shoes, no less. I meant it for an "in-between" daytime garment, and I feel that neither the colour nor the check is too emphatic for that.

Frog in Suit
The Doctor

Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:39 am

I think you have a very nice suit there.

The first thigh someone does when asked to stand in front of a mirror or a lens, is to stand to attention, it's inevitable.

Edwin DeBoise
Frog in Suit

Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:11 am

The Doctor wrote:I think you have a very nice suit there.

The first thigh someone does when asked to stand in front of a mirror or a lens, is to stand to attention, it's inevitable.

Edwin DeBoise
Thank you. I appreciate the compliment all the more, coming from a tailor.

Frog in Suit
mmkn2

Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:31 am

alden wrote:
One final comment regards coat length. I would suggest you shorten the coat and open the front quarters slightly. It seems your torso is longer than your legs, so we need to show a bit more leg to get a balanced image.

Michael
Alden,

Does the look of the front's proportion takes priority over covering the buttocks in the back for you? My opinion has always been cover the gluteal folds first, then shorten the front as needed for proportional balance.

Thanks,

- M
  • Information