RTW Derbys

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Rigby

Mon May 26, 2008 12:25 am

[img]Shipton%20-%20Mens%20Derbys.webarchive

Hello Gentleman,
This is my first time posting here at L.L. and I hope I have done it correctly, I am
looking to purchase a pair of RTW Derbys for casual and dress casual use and
I am seeking assistance in navigating the RTW shoe market in regards to a decent quality
moderately priced ($450.00 American or less) pair of Derbys. I am looking for something
that is in medium to dark brown leather on a sleek and elegant last, I have included
an Image with this post of the Shipton & Heneage "New York Derby" as an example of
what I am looking for. I would very much appreciate any assistance that can be provided
to me as to the quality of the" New York Derby", Shipton & Heneage shoes in general
and/or any other brand or model of RTW derby that I should consider. Thank You in advance for any assistance that is provided to me.
alden

Mon May 26, 2008 3:21 pm

One excellent alternative would be shoes made in Spain by Carmina. You will find more information on the website http://www.carminashoemaker.com/

M Alden
Rigby

Wed May 28, 2008 3:08 am

Mr. Alden,
Thank You very much for the advice, I read and browsed the Carmina web site
and am very impressed with the shoes of this family owned company, both in regards
to aesthetics as well as fine craftsmanship.

.............Rigby
NicolausN

Wed May 28, 2008 4:29 am

Mr Alden,

The original poster was looking for a price range of $450 or there-a-bouts. The website doesn't list prices. Could you confirm that Carmina shoes are in the range? I'm asking because I just spent about that much on a new pair of Allen Edmonds ready to wear and after seeing the craftsmanship on the Carmina website I'm starting to think that I just got taken! (Note, the price was higher than usual because I asked for cordovan leather.)
alden

Wed May 28, 2008 1:10 pm

Dear Nicholas

AE is an excellent shoe, not to worry. Carmina's shoes in calf run about 300 euros ($450.) The cordovan shoes are 500 euros ($750.)

As I type the dollar equivalents I remain in complete shock. Goodness!

M Alden
  • Information