3 piece English flannel suit in reverse chalk stripe

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

tteplitzmd

Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:16 pm

Leonard Logsdail took the challenge:

This is a Woodhouse super 180's worsted:

This is H. Lesser's Carlo Barbera (Blancs), summer wool jackeing:

These jackets have the same 4 1/2 inch button spacing, a bit wider between the shoulders than Corvato, lapel a touch narrower, pocket placement different. Sidebodies.
tteplitzmd

Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:49 pm

W.W. Chan accepted the challenge, circa 1995, with H Lesser's Carlo Barbera summer jacketing again:

Note the "steep hook" vent:

zjpj

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:33 pm

the suit looks wonderful
tteplitzmd

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:51 pm

re: the closer the measurements waist, chest, seat... this is viewed unfavorably by actuaries in the life insurance business, so I don't want to brag about it.

The left jacket sleeve will be shortened next month.

This photo shows off my Bugelli/Bonfanti shirt. Silk tie by Bowring & Arundel ca. 1980
zjpj

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:27 pm

The suit is just wonderful. I do think that the H. Lesser's Carlo Barbera summer wool jacket is a bit large on you and as a result a bit shapeless.
tteplitzmd

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:40 pm

Yes, the H Lesser example is large: it is quite old, and I lost weight over the years. Didn't realize it until I looked at the photo. I will post a more recent WW Chan example, better fitting to current measurements!
zjpj

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:43 pm

tteplitzmd wrote:Yes, the H Lesser example is large: it is quite old, and I lost weight over the years. Didn't realize it until I looked at the photo. I will post a more recent WW Chan example, better fitting to current measurements!
Congratulations! I'm trying to shave off a few pounds myself and am holding off on further clothing purchases until that's achieved. :)
tteplitzmd

Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:31 pm

This jacket is from H Lesser's lightweight lambswool jacketing also going back some time. I was in a phase where I insisted on having the side pockets set too high.

• Information