The LL Ltd. Edition "Best of Both" Tweed suiting

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

alden

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:40 pm

I have received a lot of emails regarding the LL Cooper club tweed. It seems there are a lot of you who would like this cloth.

Many missives have also reached me with the request to remake the original LL Prince of Wales check.

As many of you know, the LL clothclub editions are “limited” editions and it would be unfair to reissue them. The guys who stepped to the fore to order deserve to have exclusive products.

So in order to resolve this situation, I have decided to create a new LL cloth that has characteristics of each of the previous two editions: “The Best of Both” tweed suiting.

In essence, the cloth is the LL Cooper tweed with a sky blue windowpane.

And instead of being a black and white base it will be medium brown and cream like the original LL PoW.

If those of you who have written will put a number of meters of cloth on an email to me at alden@thelondonlounge.net, we will issue it.

M Alden
Last edited by alden on Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sam

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:48 pm

Mr. Alden,
What is the weight of this new cloth? Could you please post a close up picture of the cloth like you have for the Cooper tweed above? Does it also have a skyblue windowpane?
Concordia

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:12 pm

The actual Cooper tweed has no windowpane. So if I read Alden correctly, the new thing will be a 14oz brown/cream tweed with a blue windowpane.

http://thelondonlounge.net/gl/forum/vie ... c&start=30
alden

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:36 pm

I have received a lot of emails regarding the LL Cooper club tweed. It seems there are a lot of you who would like this cloth.

Many missives have also reached me with the request to remake the original LL Prince of Wales check.

As many of you know, the LL clothclub editions are “limited” editions and it would be unfair to reissue them. The guys who stepped to the fore to order deserve to have exclusive products.

So in order to resolve this situation, I have decided to create a new LL cloth that has characteristics of each of the previous two editions: “The Best of Both” tweed suiting.

In essence, the cloth is the LL Cooper tweed with a sky blue windowpane.

And instead of being a black and white base it will be medium brown and cream like the original LL PoW.

The LL Limited edition “Best of Both” cloth is a 13-14 ozs tweed whose Prince of Wales pattern is brown and includes a sky blue windowpane.

If those of you who have written will put a number of meters of cloth on an email to me at alden@thelondonlounge.net, we will issue it.

M Alden
bry2000

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:03 pm

Good idea. I would actually prefer to have the tweed in black and white with sky blue overcheck.
alden

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:13 pm

Dear Bry

We could do both a brown and black/gray version. When you order specifiy the color choice. If there are enough orders to run both versions, then they can be done. If there is a real preference among members for one or the other, then the preferred tweed will be woven.

Cheers
Cantabrigian

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:32 pm

One of the things I like so much about the original limited edition windowpane is its scale.

Will this new cloth be similar in size to that one or to the Cooper tweed?

In either case, count me in for brown/cream.
alden

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:41 pm

The scale will be that of the LL Cooper tweed. It is a bit smaller than the original LL PoW.

There are enough pictures around so most people should be able to get a good idea of what the LL Coops tweed looks like. The scale on both editions is large, much larger than what is found in the books today.
alden

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:57 pm

The Browns are behind in this match but are clawing back in the last few minutes. The Blacks took and early lead thanks to a large 10 meters order, the Browns fought back with two solid commisions. But as it stands, the Blacks are in the lead 24 to 18.

Stay tuned.
smoothjazzone

Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:54 am

I hate to be coming somewhat late to this party -- but it seems like blue overchecks, while interesting, may be too much like some recent commissions. So how about either a black and white with a red overcheck (the red quite like the red Harrisons has in its flannel books) or, to really combine the previous two ideas, with a brown overcheck. What does everyone think?

alden

Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:14 am

Smoothjazz

As it stands the Browns are leading the race. There is just enough to place an order if the members choose one color.

A brown with a deep crimson red window would be excellent indeed.

Let's see what develops and then make a choice together.

Cheers
pchong

Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:23 am

Michael, do y0u have a picture of the brown?
alden

Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:43 am

The brown would be similar in shade to the LL PoW flannel...
aportnoy

Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:31 pm

I would take 4.5 yards of the brown w/ deep crimson.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:29 pm

I am still left out in the cold: I just wanted additional POW flannel to make pants, because I think my sportjacket would look better as a suit.
  • Information