Boglioli

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Hartline

Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:10 pm

Has anyone heard of Boglioli? There is an ad on BG's website.

It represented by IMC Group.

http://www.imcstyle.com/BrandCollection ... ctionID=47

Thanks.
couch

Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:15 pm

I saw some Boglioli summer sport jackets at Bergdorf's earlier this year that looked quite nice for RTW--a white canvas one and a silk-cotton blend (if I recall correctly) seersucker, both with no shoulder padding, high gorge, definite waist suppression, what appeared to be a hand-set sleeve with the seam pressed outward for some crushable "rollino," quite high armholes for RTW and a minimal (buggy?) lining. They were just under $1K each. I was in the market for seersucker, and very tempted--I don't think I'd ever find a RTW fit any closer, but in the end the shoulder fit was off just enough to make me think for the price I might as well go the extra for bespoke (another year) and get the details and fit just as I want them. But if you're trim and like that sort of cut I'd say they're worth a look.
tantris

Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:52 pm

I purchased a Boglioli safari style jacket from Bergdorf's a couple of months ago. At just under 1000.00 USD, I really have to stand behind this jacket. It is beautifully designed and tailored with small, high armholes, excellent buttons, and superb detail work. As good as you can get off the rack. Unlike Couch, I was fortunate enough to get a near perfect fit.

Kevin
  • Information