LL Derby/Chukka boot by Albaladejo

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

alden

Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:50 pm

I am pleased to announce the issuing of a new londonlounge.net limited edition: The Albaladejo cordovan boot.

LL Cordovan Derby/Chukka

It’s an honor to welcome Albaladejo, a provider of quality footwear in Spain since 1866, to the londonlounge.net.

For the last few years I have wanted a quality Goodyear boot in cordovan leather to wear with country clothes or possibly in the city in cold, winter weather. Of course there are few if any boots available on the market in cordovan leather; the boots that are available somehow lacked the quality and design that would make the boot handsome and practical.

I presented the idea to Mr. Miguel Font, an LL member and manager of Albaladejo’s flagship store in Paris. We set about to design a boot that would be handsome, practical, easy to wear, rugged yet civilized, country and city. The boot we wanted to produce resembled a design created by Mr. Pepe Albaladejo many years ago, a kind of derby/chukka that could be made with a rounded square toe (“Rain” last) in cordovan leather.

The Rain Last

The principal advantages of the boot include a derby like feel in the lacing pattern with a top that does not rise too high. The foot is supported well by the lacing, and is protected better than a stock derby shoe from the elements. Entry into the boot is easy.

Derby Shoe Lacing

Twenty five of these limited edition boots will be made to order for members of thelondonlounge. They will be numbered and signed with the clients name as with all LL limited editions. The boot is issued in the tan cordovan as in the pictures. It can also be ordered in green, blue, black and cordovan (burgundy.)

The cost of the boot is 550 euros plus shipping costs. Three piece hand made shoe trees made to the size of the boot are available for an additional charge of 150 euros.

As regards sizing, the Rain last is available in a D and E fitting. I wear a 12C or D American size. My size in Edward Green 202, 888, 606 is 11.5D. On the Rain last I wear a 10.5D.

Please place your orders to Miguel Font at miguel@carminashoemaker.com
Last edited by alden on Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZTEC

Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:23 pm

I sent an email to Sr. Miguel Font some months ago to place an order, but no reply. :(

Was anyone succesful to place an order?

AZTEC
mpolanthan

Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:02 pm

AZTEC wrote:I sent an email to Sr. Miguel Font some months ago to place an order, but no reply. :(

AZTEC
I received my shoes a few days ago. The order was placed in the 2nd week of February.
bry2000

Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:06 pm

You may want to look up Miguel's number on the Carmina website and call him. My emails also have gone unreturned, but I have spoken to him by phone.
alden

Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:55 pm

Bry

During the LL Paris tour of Carmina, there was a pair of ruby cordovan chukkas that looked particularly nice. Curious to hear your comments...

Cheers
su misura

Sat May 06, 2006 4:21 pm

Great looking shoe. My question is, do they sell to any retailers in toronto? And if they dont, I'm a retailer who would gladly sell them in my shop. :D

thanks
mauro
Mr. Magoo

Thu May 11, 2006 1:20 am

AZTEC wrote:I sent an email to Sr. Miguel Font some months ago to place an order, but no reply. :(

No. Same problem.
bry2000

Fri May 12, 2006 8:14 pm

alden wrote:Bry

During the LL Paris tour of Carmina, there was a pair of ruby cordovan chukkas that looked particularly nice. Curious to hear your comments...

Cheers
I will let you know once I have collected them. Thanks.
mifg

Sat May 13, 2006 1:15 pm

AZTEC wrote:
I sent an email to Sr. Miguel Font some months ago to place an order, but no reply. Sad

No. Same problem.
Dear Sirs,

I have not received emails from you; but would be glad to send any information you require so please write me at the following address

miguel@carminashoemaker.com

Cordially

Miguel
  • Information