Welcome Vincente and Joe Nicolosi!

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

alden

Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:43 pm

I would like to extend a warm welcome to Mr. Vincent Nicolosi and his son Joe who have recently joined thelondonlounge.net to enjoy our community and graciously respond to your questions. Benvenuto Vincente ed Joe! We look forward to getting to know you both better and learning from your experience and counsel.

A note for our newest and youngest members: I would like to point out the tremendous privilege of having four of the very best tailors working in the world today available to respond to questions in the only bespoke learning center available on the net, thelondonlounge.net. The lineup of Mssrs. Nicolosi, Logsdail, Mahon and Hitchcock is a full house that's awfully tough to beat.

Remember that all questions are good ones and benefit each of us in the group. So don't be shy about asking questions!

M Alden
T4phage

Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:51 pm

Let me too extend my welcome to Maestros Nicolosi, we are heartened by your participation in the London Lounge, and hope to glean much useful lessons from your knowledge.

Regards,
Jan

Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:31 pm

My question is directed to Messrs Logsdale, Mahon and Hitchcock particularly. I read on- line that Darren Beaman predicted the death of Savile Row as an industry in ten years. I did not read his remarks carefully, but he seemed to blame the lack of skilled labor. Others have alluded to Savile Row tailors pricing themselves out of the market.

Do you think that this is a fair assessment? I would guess with the decline of English tailors that labor needs would have been met by Italian and Portuguese immigrants (for example), many of whom are very skilled in the crafts. If we scan the top ten tailors in the USA (amongst whom are Nicolossi and Logsdail by general acclamation), most are Italian by birth, for example.

I would like to add a suggestion to my question. I would love to see albums of photos of each of these artisan's work. It would be great for ideas, if nothing more.
Condor

Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:17 pm

I would like to say thank you to Mr. Alden , to have introduced me and my father to the LL, I want to greet all the members for me it is a great experience on being part of this forum it is like be part of a big family,it will be a big pleasure for me to give an advice and listen to all different ideas about the tailoring business, as my father always say there is no end to leam in this business,there is always something new to learn,my father has been a tailor all is life, he started as tailor apprentice at the age of 5,so this trade has always been in his blood, being a tailor is a trade that give you a lot of satisfaction this is the art of magic, just like a painter or sculptor that creates from a scratch a masterpiece, everything we make in our shop is all handstiched,we cut for each customer individual patterns,the jacket is molded to your body,the customer can jump or run without the jacket lift it up a inch from the shoulder,as I promise to Mr. Alden very soon I will post some pictures of our work just to give you an idea to all members in the forum the process how to make a jacket., I would be happy to answear to all your questions. Regards
Joe Nicolosi
  • Information