Shave Cream

Discuss travel, watches, gastronomy, wines, boats and all other aspects of the Elegant life
Parishow

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:33 pm

NAV wrote:Art of Shaving (Lavender and Sandalwood) and Trumpers (Rose and Violet) are my favourite shaving creams.
I have been using The Art Of Shaving for the last couple of years and have been very happy with it, but found that my old favorite of many years; which I thought had gone out of busness, was still around, Coates and I just love their products, especially the Rose Shave Cream. So I am using them again.

I think I am partial to it, in one sense because it was a family tradition( of wet shaving) going back to my Edwardian Grandfather using it and my father also. I find myself in so many things, today, going back to and using , products that still have the quality, style and tradition of years gone bye.

As my grandfather use to say, it's the quality of the product that guarantees the name, not the name that guarantees the product.

Call me old fashion, call me out of date, call me not hip or in, but that does not bother me, for give me quality,and tradition and I'm a happy man.

Of course, I am the kind of person who always had to dress for breakfast ( tie and coat) and have always loved doing so, even to today.
Arpey

Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:03 pm

It may be pedestrian, but: EDGE with Aloe.
Jones

Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:27 pm

I'll wear anything from The Art of Shaving, in Manhattan. They have a very nice creme that is stimulating and pleasing to the face after shaving.
JMGM

Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:11 pm

I have tried many many shaving creams and my favourite is Musgo Real for a hard beard and sensitive skin like mine.Try it and you will never forget it!
Dr T

Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:38 am

I now use Trufitt hand Hill shaving oill with their limes soap in a tube on top. It allows a vey close shave and since using this mothod -i have had no nicks. After shaving I use a skin oil which seems to have banished dry skin completely.Then to finish Jamican Limes (T H) - very fresh smell.All sounds very fussy but it works well.
robert_n

Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:25 am

Cella 1kg Shave soap. Carve it up and gift portions to friends.
Manself

Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Almost all shaving cream/ soap/ foam desiccates my skin. The exceptions are:

Aesop Moroccan Neroli Shaving Serum
Prorarso White shaving foam
Santa Maria Novella foam (rumoured to be made by Proraso)
  • Information