Vol. II No. III (Feb 06') Late Winter / Spring Items AA

Read all the excellent articles written by the LL style scholar, Etutee.
dopey

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:45 pm

manton wrote:is it simply that the windowpane is bigger? Or is there a white "shadow" stripe to it in addition to the blue? That's the way it looks to me in the illustration. But these illustrations are not exactly exacting ...
JamesT1 wrote:I think the white stripe in question is merely the light reflecting off of the thick blue yarn.

I noticed the same thing as you did, Manton, but interpreted it, like JamesT1, as a reflection. That is why I mentioned the raised stripe on the mohair/wool cloth I have. Mine is from that famous e-bay seller and here is the photo from one of his auctions: Image

The photo is not great, and will likely disappear, but it should give you an idea of what I was thinking - make the raised stripe a windowpane, thicker and further in hue and tint from the ground.
smoothjazzone

Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:11 am

The white feels more like a reflection to me -- I think the stripe is thicker -- but can't really say for sure

The white shadow stripe would make the suit considerably less formal -- which would detract to some extent from the desired affect from my point of view

manton wrote:is it simply that the windowpane is bigger? Or is there a white "shadow" stripe to it in addition to the blue? That's the way it looks to me in the illustration. But these illustrations are not exactly exacting ...
Jackson

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:09 pm

I would like to express my interest in this fabric project. Also, the idea of a raised windowpane is intriguing.
eg

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:47 am

Another triumph, etutee -- in particular the examples of odd waistcoats are most gratifying.
rsmeyer

Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:41 pm

The very first picture in the set shows the sportsman holding an old-fashioned squash racquet, from the days of hardball squash. Thank you for the great illustrations.
  • Information