An interview with noted writer, Horse Kleidung

A selection of London Lounge articles
alden

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:05 am

I am very happy to welcome the noted writer, Horse Kleidung, who will be participating in a roundtable discussion and interview on the LL today.

Mr. Kleidung, I am quite sure our readers would like to know more about you, your life and philosophy. You were born in Dresden in 1936, what can you tell us about your youth and the city where you grew up?

Horse: I distinctly remember having my behind slapped in the Dresden State hospital located in the center of the city. When I opened my eyes, I was very surprised, as I suppose all babies are, but in my case all the more so because I noticed that the 3 button coat worn by the surgeon under his smock was short in front balance. I wondered immediately if I had been born in the right hospital.

In your mind, what were the major political and social forces at work in post war Dresden?

Horse: I think the move away from the three button coat to a more open three rolled to two represented a kind of glasnost.

You later immigrated to Switzerland and then attended university in the US? What do you remember about what must have been a most trying experience for you?

Yes, I found the sack cut and Trad style most disagreeable. It was just a large canvas bag with holes punched in it.

Later you converted to Catholicism. What motivated you to do so and how did this crucial move affect your work?

Horse: I found the Vatican robes most pleasant, they flowed, caressed the body and were made of heavy silk.

You later married Gloria Schneider, what was it that attracted you to her?

Horse: She was a seamstress.

Love has the power to heal and to wound, how did your relationship with Gloria change your life?

Horse: I finally had shirts and boxer shorts that fit.

If you had one image or symbol that represented the universe, what would it be?

Horse: A photo of Mariano Rubinacci.

Thank you, Mr. Horse Kleidung for a pulsating and intellectually invigorating conversation with us today.

Ok, the message is clear. The clothes addiction treatment center is full of lads who have trouble thinking beyond clothes. The default for every thought comes out in fashions, modes, styles, rules, centimeters, cuts and their influences.

Get free of the addiction, if you have it, and concentrate on living with Style.

Cheers

Michael Alden
Simon A

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:29 am

A fantastic interview. This Horse chap certainly has his priorities straight. It would be great if you could convince some other fashion luminaries like Ima Mannikin to share their wisdom with us :)
alden

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:36 am

A fantastic interview. This Horse chap certainly has his priorities straight. It would be great if you could convince some other fashion luminaries like Ima Mannikin to share their wisdom with us :)
I have contacted Ima's agent and hope to have her soon.

In the meantime Massimo Indumenti should be stopping by to give an Italian slant on things.

Cheers

M
radicaldog

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:17 pm

Clap clap clap!
Merc

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:04 pm

That's quite an unusual name all the way around
Costi

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:52 pm

:lol:

The difference between a bulimic and a gourmet is that one enjoys food, while the other enjoys eating: it is clear that only one can possibly have taste.
  • Information