The Man Makes the Clothes-an illustration

A selection of London Lounge articles
alden

Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:16 pm

These two headshot were taken on the same day last year, by the same photographer for the same purpose. In one picture I am wearing a coat and tie and in the other a black T shirt (as suggested by the photographer.)

Image8645 final by The London Lounge, on Flickr

ImageDSC_8782 by The London Lounge, on Flickr

Now please pay attention and focus. Do you see me? Does the coat and tie do anything for me that the black T shirt does not do or vice versa? Am I animating the dress or is the dress making me?

The man makes the clothes! :!: :wink:

Clothes are powerless and are only helpful to the degree that public nudity is illegal (in most places.)

Cheers
Luca

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:08 pm

I suppose the real question is: do you, sir, perceive a difference?
uppercase

Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:50 pm

Great photos, both!

Now do a photo book.

Also, I see that I need to study my gaze mechanics in the meanwhile.
I have noticed that this is essential capability to project and will switch it out from my current dull, semi-comatose, and some might say uncomprehending, stare, if it's not too late. I hope not.

I also have a black T, but certainly don't project that cool. I just wear it…I'm afraid with not much style and projection.

There's a lot more than meets the eye to be a stylish man. That's for sure.

In the meanwhile, do consider a book.
alden

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:36 am

I suppose the real question is: do you, sir, perceive a difference?
Luca, that's me.

These photos prove the point once and for all. The man makes the clothes.

And I hope that the men reading this will have the courage to cast the demon of "the clothes make the man" along with all the parasites that profess it and send it all careening into the netherworld from which it issued. :D Then and only then will they be liberated to reveal the style that is dormant within them but lives.
  • Information