DB Crossover

A selection of London Lounge articles
alden

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:45 pm

Are you a square or a rectangle?

ImageDB by The London Lounge, on Flickr

English tailors prefer squares (as seen on the left) and Italian's like rectangles like the Duke's.

Someplace between square and rectangle is a good way to go. Mine are generally 14 cms wide with 12 cms vertical separation.

Cheers

Getting ready for Fall anyone?
hectorm

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:58 pm

alden wrote:Are you a square or a rectangle?
On a very tall and slim person like myself, the landscape rectangle is not an option if you go 6x2 on your DB (the 8x3 blazer is another story and the landscape rectangles work fine).
The 6x2 has to be square on normal depth crossovers (or even a portrait rectangle on shallower ones), which makes for a more balanced distribution of the buttons up front.
alden

Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:03 am

The Square

ImageSquare by The London Lounge, on Flickr

The Rectangle

ImageRectangle by The London Lounge, on Flickr

ImageRectangle 2 by The London Lounge, on Flickr
hectorm

Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:13 pm

And this, on Roger Moore, is the "portrait" rectangle. The vertical distance between the lower buttons is slightly -but noticeable- longer than their horizontal separation. It´s not my favorite look, though.
http://thesuitsofjamesbond.com/wp-conte ... Suit-2.jpg
rodes

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:45 am

I am a square. Either way, I am glad to be an enthusiast for the DB suit. Never wore them for most of my suit wearing life until about six years ago when my friend Costi encouraged me to try one. Since then, I have commissioned perhaps one per year. I'll be grateful for the remainder of my suit wearing life.
kamil

Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:48 am

Rodes, do you tend to run significantly warmer in your DB suits compared to the SB ones? I have contemplated having a DB made for some time now, but the fear of getting grilled in the office (which can get overheated) has prevented me from taking this step.
rodes

Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:25 am

kamil,
A touch warmer perhaps, but not enough to not wear a DB, especially in an air conditioned office. I have two 10 ounce, DB frescos for summer; two 14 ounce worsteds for mid-year; and four 15 ounce flannels for winter. They are especially nice for cool weather. All in all I still would favor a SB in summer but the difference is hardly worth mentioning. I initially commissioned a DB for some variety. Stripes tend to make me look like a bean pole so I have more limited pattern options than most men. The DB suit was the ideal ticket.
  • Information