Groves & Lindley Cloth?

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

gherrmann

Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:59 am

Does anyone have any experience with cloth from this firm? I have been shown some swatches bearing its name but am not personally familiar with its wares. Any information or impressions regarding quality etc. that members might be able to share would be most appreciated. The particular samples I am looking at are all 330-gram super 100s worsteds.

Thanks in advance.
Fabrice

Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:36 pm

7 years ago, I had my first bespoke suit made with a classic Groves and Lindley cloth. It is a very old and traditional Huddersfield Mill, and their cloth are of outstanding quality, although they are not too much into fancy 150s. I find their cloth to be comfortable and hardwearing, albeit a little on the pricey side...
Joshua Byrne

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:53 am

I have used their cloths a great deal, I find them well set, balanced, and good to work with. They deserve a greater presence than they have, as the range they have whilst small is as good as all of and better than many of the other merchants.
gherrmann

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:32 am

Many thanks for the input.
  • Information