Tailor called Caloi in Brussels??

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

shredder

Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:21 am

Has anyone heard of a certain tailor called B Caloi in Brussels (Belgium)? I think the B stands for Bruno albeit it would sound a lot like the bike manufacturer... And they may have been based in the Forest / Vorst region of Brussels. I suspect that they are no longer trading, but if anyone has any info on them / him, I would be grateful.

On a related note, if anyone knows of a bespoke tailor in Belgium, please let me know. I am more than happy to amend my impression that Belgium is, other than for gloves, largely a sartorial wasteland.
TimMureau

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:37 am

For good bespoke in Belgium my suggestion is Degand on the Avenue Louise in Brussels.

www.degand.be

On the highest floor they have a good bespoke tailor.
shredder

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:26 am

Thanks, Tim. I am familiar with Degand and had in fact been to speak to them 5 or 6 years ago as someone else suggested that I look into them. It is difficult to put a finger on it but they just did not do it for me. The chap was polite and pleasant enough. Maybe it was just the environment, being surrounded by rail after rail after rail of RTW garments. Maybe it was the book of cloth he happened to pull out just to flip through -- lifeless cloths in some of the ugliest stripes I have ever seen. Maybe it was the air of "trying too hard" that was prevalent throughout the shop, making me feel somewhat embarrassed that I am not sporting a fake tan... :shock:

Anyway, do you have experience with them? When they say bespoke, do they actually mean bespoke? The colleague that previously suggested I have a look at Degand buys Brioni MTM from them, so he does not actually have experience with their "bespoke" offer...

cheers,
s
TimMureau

Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:39 pm

shredder wrote:Thanks, Tim. I am familiar with Degand and had in fact been to speak to them 5 or 6 years ago as someone else suggested that I look into them. It is difficult to put a finger on it but they just did not do it for me. The chap was polite and pleasant enough. Maybe it was just the environment, being surrounded by rail after rail after rail of RTW garments. Maybe it was the book of cloth he happened to pull out just to flip through -- lifeless cloths in some of the ugliest stripes I have ever seen. Maybe it was the air of "trying too hard" that was prevalent throughout the shop, making me feel somewhat embarrassed that I am not sporting a fake tan... :shock:

Anyway, do you have experience with them? When they say bespoke, do they actually mean bespoke? The colleague that previously suggested I have a look at Degand buys Brioni MTM from them, so he does not actually have experience with their "bespoke" offer...

cheers,
s
A friend of my is a bespoke client from Degand.
He have tried a lot of tailors but Degand fits him the best. And it is very near for him.
It is real bespoke and of course with the fittings on the upper floor is their bespoke department.
  • Information