Hello

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Fink Floyd

Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:06 pm

Evening all,

I thought my first post should be an introduction. I've very much enjoyed reading the members' thoughts on a variety of subjects since stumbling onto the site via Thomas Mahon's blog (which I also found very interesting; thanks, Thomas).

Elegant dressing has become something of a passion for me in the past year or so. I work in a profession which demands formality - the Bar - but even in these circumstances it is striking how many members of the profession could do better. I am, I'm sure, one of them; I am still young, and I've got a lot to learn before I can say with confidence that I consistently dress elegantly.

I have read Flusser's books, as well as Bernhard Roetzel and Thomas Fink's; very interesting they were too. I hope now that I can take my education further as a member of this club. :D

Regards
Fink
Cufflink79

Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:15 pm

Welcome to the LL Mr. Floyd:

I think you'll find that your education in dressing well along with general haberdashery will not only expand, but inspire as well.

The fellow members of the LL are sharp, witty, and well informed. I have learned a great deal in my time here at the LL, along with making friends along the way.

Make yourself comfortable and welcome to the London Lounge.

Best Regards,

Cufflink79
marcelo

Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:22 pm

Dear Fink Floyd
Welcome to the London Lounge. Indeed, as Cufflink79 has already pointed out, the LL is a very friendly environment in which gentlemen discuss a variety of topics related to the subject of the elegant life. The discussions are sometimes controversial, but always very, very respectful.

Marcelo
Costi

Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:16 pm

Welcome to the Lounge! I am confident your passion for elegant dress will turn into enduring love for the elegant life here.
  • Information